What mental illness (?) are these things symptoms of?

You are scared to walk outside alone because keep thinking that bad things are going to happen, that you will get assaulted or the like, and when you do go out you feel scared and on edge. You also feel watched - you always keep the curtains closed because you feel like your neighbor will spy on you, and when you walk on your own street you feel like everyone are looking at you from their house.
You also keep fearing bad things will happen to you or your family.

However, you know your fear is silly which means it can't be paranoia as people who suffer from that are convinced that their delusions are not delusions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Paranoia. You just have to believe, not rationalize, your delusions to develop paranoid anxiety.

What Guys Said 5

• Paranoia and anxiety with probably some PTSD or trauma if this is new.

Also, possible symptoms of low self esteem. You have spent too much time inside your house and is generally a shut-in.

You feel terrified of being outside your home. You are super sensitive to other people. You don't like looking at yourself and don't like people looking at you.

• Just because you realize it's silly doesn't mean it's not paranoia. I have OCD and I realize that what I do is silly, but that doesn't mean I don't have it.

• But paranoia is defined by that the person really believes these things and therefore doesn't realise that they need help. As far as I understand.

• You should be asking a doctor.

• Anxiety i think

• Do you smoke marijuana? Could be a rare symptom that put you in a temporary psychosis, could be social anxiety or some other kind of panic disorder, I have also heard that it could be a symptom of aspergers. Hope this has helped.

What Girls Said 7

• Oh, like the others have said, you can definitely be paranoid while still realizing your fears aren't rational. I'd still go to a doctor to discuss your concerns and symptoms.

• You could just be consciously paranoid. It doesn't have to be a disorder

• Paranoia.
    ...

• Feelings of fear, anxiety, hopelessness and ultimate paranoia

• Anxiety - maybe social anxiety specifically?

• Sounds pretty much like paranoia..

• Paranoia and/or anxiety.