How did you guys deal with depression?

Most Helpful Girl

• I found the main reason as to why I got depressed in the first place. I started therapy and slowly learned how to cope and what makes me happy and what not. I started to eat more and healthy that is. I began do exercise daily, go to sleep early, avoid spending too much time behind my computer and do more stuff such as challenge myself and try out new things.
    I deepened my friendships I had and some of my friends I've gotten closer to and they support me and make me feel better. I started setting goals and realized that changing my ways and recover from depression is something that only me myself and I can do. It took a lot of work and I am still trying to get better, I still fall back into depression but I much less now. Therapy has helped me the most, I don't take medication and I never will.
    I have been depressed for three years, the first months was terrifying.. I wanted to die and I had set a date where I was going to take my own life but a hope for a better future was bigger than the feeling of wanting to die although I had times were I was sure it was the end. I was damn sure that I would find a way back and turn happy again and now I'm on that road. I believe it is true what they say - happiness is a journey not a destination.

Most Helpful Guy

• Talked to my best friend
    Alcohol
    Exercise
    Gaming

• Thanks for MHO. And today I've done all four of these as otherwise I'd have gone nuts.

What Girls Said 3

• i surrounded myself with friends who kept positivity and got me out of the house.
    its obviously not so easily treated, but that has helped me deal with it a bit better.

• By seeing a therapist.

• Healthy eating, exercise, cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation and a small dose of a SSRI.

What Guys Said 5

• Apparently I come here and cause trouble while learning to hate my fellow man all over again. When I'm cured I leave.

• Don't isolate yourself.
    Surround yourself with positive people.

They will teach you.

• I just sunk a lot of time and effort into a hobby that made me happy.
    It doesn't matter what hobby, just do something you enjoy.

Friends may or may not help, with all the drama they bring.

• take some anti depressants

• I drink, not saying it's a good way to deal.