We accept the love we think we deserve. Do you believe this phrase?

I do.

All I've ever known was to beg or hope for some kind of attention or affection as a child. So I've always picked the guys that treat me like crap because its all I've ever known.

Most Helpful Guy

• That actually sounds pretty legit. If you don't think the love you receive is warranted, then you will not accept it as you'll be alert and think you're being lied to.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Good question!! lady

• I dunno I don't think about love this complex. Love is just love and Imma gonna keep it that simple.

• For some people yea

• No, I do not.

• No. it must be like this
    We only get that love, which we deserve.

• This phrase could be the reason I am single

• lol love. Fear is faster.

• A handsome player.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't because what if the guy i liked I hoped him to be better but he keep failing me! I picked the wrong guy! It doesn't mean I don't deserve that treatment maybe that all I have know and never meant someone who was awe. like that!

• No. I know I deserve more than the love or lack of that I'm currently receiving, but I don't have any desire to go after what I know I deserve currently.

• Not at all. The "love" some people give is not what I believe I deserve.

• I don't know.
    Can't connect.

• I do. You reminds me with my boyfriend who went away without telling me, I don't know where he is right now and how's is he :'(

• are you quoting the perks of being a wallflower? loved that book. Anyways i agree.

• Yes, I really believe so.

• Yes I believe it a lot.

• I agree! I was in an unhappy relationship and at the time I had low self-. esteem. I allowed him to treat me bad because I thought that was all I was worthy of at the time. I didn't believe I was worthy of a nice guy

Now I am a different person, and I have regained my self- esteem so I won't date a guy who is less than I am worth. I know I deserve to be treated with kindness.

• Yes. If you think that you deserve to be ignored or to be treated like you're worthless, it is because YOU yourself think that you're worthless.
    If you think that you are worth something, that you have to be loved wholly, it's because you love yourself.
    And in the first place, you can't love, or feel love in the right way if you don't love yourself first.