Why are cats so lazy?

Best example of that is my cat lily. Who at this very moment is sleeping like a lazy bum.
Why are cats so lazy?

• because that's how kittehs do
    41% (25)43% (18)42% (43)Vote
  • so they can party all night
    38% (23)38% (16)38% (39)Vote
  • for some scientific reason
    21% (13)19% (8)20% (21)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
9|21

Most Helpful Guy

• Some scientific reason. Cats unlike humans are active during dawn and dusk. That is when their prey is active so thats when they are active. I have had cats all my life, during most of the day and night they sleep, but if you notice during dawn and dusk hours they are rather active and playful.

4|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My cat's lazy too but he ate donuts and cuddled with me for a week after I had mouth surgery so he's a keeper :)

And wouldn't you sleep 18 hours a day if you could and had someone waiting on you hand and foot? They have it MADE

2|1
    0|0
    • Aww thanks for MHO!

• Show All
    • Oh no :D

My cat lily has separation anxiety too. If she knows i'm not in my room or in the house. She starts freaking out, making sad meowing sounds, and looks all over the place. :(

• Haha he does the same thing. He sleeps with the dogs now when I'm not home

What Guys Said 20

• I'm not an anthropologist but I think I have an idea. Their muscles are designed for speed and power (probably reaction speed too) as opposed to an animal like a dog. So cats are very fast and powerful but the negative to that is they lack endurance opposed to animals like dogs or like horses. That gives them a great advantage for small periods when hunting. They are pretty much the ultimate predator but then appear lazy most of the time when not hunting. I bet if a mouse walked by your cat, Lily would most likely jump up with attention 😃 They basically get tired easily so they don't want to spend energy unless there's interest.

Here's one of Lilys ancestors : )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2DL2iKqLow

Also a lot of people think cats are completely nocturnal. Most cats do most of their hunting at night (not cheetahs), but they are still awake during much of the day and will hunt when there's opportunity while hungry (sometimes while not hungry lol).

2|0
    0|0
  • I dont know much about cats.

I'm sure there's probably some sort of scientific reason.

This probably isn't true, but maybe their owners are enablers. Their owners accommodate their every need so the cats come to expect it and thus feel no motivation to do anything.

2|0
    0|0
  • They're naturally nocturnal, and are out hunting at night while we are asleep. Even if they're locked inside, they are prowling all night.

1|0
    0|0
  • May be that's how they are meant to be.

2|0
    0|0
  • Wild felines rest so much to have energy stored for high activity like hunting. Domesticated cats still sleep so much even if they don't really have to because of their ancestry.

3|0
    0|0
    • I love how the guys gave Discovery channel answers and I'm "my cat eats donuts"

• Show All
    • @rebekahj391 Well I'm sure eating donuts help, you must have one fat cat. I hope donuts are not a regular thing, such an unhealthy kitty.

• Neither of us eats donuts very often but I had surgery and could only eat squishy food :P and surprisingly he ate them too. He eats all human food, just not very often.

• Because your pets act how their owners act ^_^ I am lazy and my cat looks up to me and does the same like owner like feline.

3|0
    0|0
  • I don't know... it just seems so natural for them

http://i.imgur.com/p7IKJ5Y.jpg

2|1
    0|0
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky90oZOMvt8

I'd be tired after this too.

2|0
    0|0
  • Your cat is an indoor cat and after looking out the window at a world it will never be a part of it just gave up all hope, but lacks the intelligence to understand suicide so it just lays on the bed like a boiling frog withering away until its demise.

1|0
    0|0
  • They're saving up energy for the next kill

2|0
    0|0
  • Spoilt little brats.

Get a dog lads!
    Haha...

2|1
    2|1
    • but dogs are lazy too. I have one male dog that just wants to lay on your lap. Though that doesn't end well since he's big. :D

• Bad parenting. haha.
      Gotta raise a good dog.

• God fucking damnit Lilly

2|0
    0|0
  • because that is what cats do. i wish my kitten would hurry up and get lazy. he is all over the place

2|0
    0|0
  • Thats just how cats are :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Because they want to be...

2|0
    0|0
  • The first, which really might be the same as the third. It just comes naturally. 🐱

2|0
    0|0
  • She looks old. That might be why

2|0
    0|0
  • Not lazy, it's just natural for them to sleep around 16 to 18 hours a day

2|0
    0|0
  • Cats can sleep at least 18 hours a day!

1|0
    0|0
  • Because dogs are better. :P

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 8

• Because cats don't have to do anything, people feed them, so they are just being leisure.

2|0
    0|0
  • If anyone owns a cat they know it's because they party at night. At least mine does anyway.

2|0
    0|0
  • Its a cats life! :)

2|0
    0|0
  • Lol, that's just how they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • ew... cats

0|0
    0|0
  • That is just how they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cats are useless

2|0
    0|0
  • My dogs must be 1/16th cat or something... they act more feline than dog. They sleep all day, and only come to you or pay attention to you if it's feeding time. Maybe I'll just get a cat next time.

(In reality, I might get a cat and another breed of dog later on).

2|0
    0|0