When angry do you mean what you say?

• No, I'm just pissed never do I actually mean what I say
  • Yes, I always mean what I say why even bother yelling at you
  • Sometimes I say things I don't really mean just to get at you

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah usually i say what i mean but the emotion behind it is obviously exaggerated and since communication is 90% nonverbal it does get blown out of proportion.

Most Helpful Girl

• When it comes to anger, I feel like there's only two types of people:

1. The ones who try to get you
    2. The ones who spill out the truth

Neither of them is really good actually, because it hurts the other person. But I as a person who hates getting people, always say the truth when I'm angry. And sometimes I've hidden the truth because it can be painful.

What Guys Said 4

• In almost all instances, I mean what I say. I'm not the type of person who gets on a wicked rampage, yells like crazy, gets foam on his lips etc.. Even when I'm really pissed, I usually think very rationally and think well about how I should phrase certain things. And it makes me even more angry if I have to fight with somebody who can't do this. Especially a lot of women in my environment (family, friends) are bad fighting well. They get all emotional and start yelling things they later regret. This really annoys me. I've experienced so many fights where another person (often a woman) insulted me, only to say after "sorry, I didn't mean it". It makes me feel betrayed because they say this every time and then in the next fight they will scream their insults yet again. When I am in a fight, I still watch out to comment on the situation or on a person's behavior and not on the person herself/himself. For example I try hard not to throw around with ad hominems. The thing about fighting is that there are two kinds of fighting. There is a good type of fighting where you might say harsh things but you're still in the realms of fairness. You think rationally and hit your opponent with good criticism. This is the way I try to fight. And then there's bad fighting where you're just throwing around with insults and tons of swear words etc.. That's the childish way of fighting and I usually try to avoid it.

• No, I don't but I always try to avoid getting that angry.

• I always say stuff I don't mean.
    Unless I don't like them. Then yeah, fuck you.

• Usually, yes.

What Girls Said 10

• Ahh I've been guilty of saying things I don't really mean when angry. I mean, these days I usually do actually say what I mean, I try to avoid saying things I know I may regret later. What haunted me for a long time is when I was a kid I got into a huge fight with my mom and I told her that I don't like any gifts that she ever gives me which was a complete lie and even made my mom cry, and my sister guilt-tripped me about it for years. I think that taught me to think a little bit before I speak.

• I mean what i say. Usually it's stuff I've bottled up or its something that may not be a big deal or worth mentioning. But if I'm mad enough I will pour it all on you in an attempt to make you feel as shitty as you've made me feel.

• LOL I guarentee that when I get angry and insult someone I don't need to make up mean things to say about them.

• I try to keep the most hateful things I think in the back of my mind, and they only come out if I'm really angry.

But I thought of them in the first place so do I think they're true? Sure thing. Am I going to apologize? Depends who it is. I can be stubborn as all hell.

• usually. but I shouldn't say them out loud. I almost always end up feeling really bad afterwards, but won't apologize.

• I'm terrible with this. I usually say the worst things that I don't mean and then feel bad about it 2 seconds later. Even though there's usually a little truth behind everything I say. i just want the other person to feel as bad as they've made me feel.

• I comment on the behavior.

So if I say, "I hate when you do that!"
    I mean it.

If I say, "I hate you." Then, nah.

• Depends on how angry. Sometimes I say things I regret when I'm angry.

• Sometimes I do. A lot of things I lie and say things I don't mean because I am messing with them because I am hurt. When I'm angry, it's usually because I got hurt by something.