How long can you hold a grudge for?

I am VERY bad at holding grudges. There's like 2.5 people I HATE and always will. I end up forgiving people within an hour to the next day when they don't deserve it.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• Forever. I can keep holding grudges against them till death, I mean I won't waste my time is trying to take revenge, or do something bad to them or get back at them in any way so my life won't be affected in any way, I'll make sure of that but at the same time I will never forgive what happened, I will never forgive what they did. I will never forgive them and will keep grudge (s) against them.

However let me tell you a few points: Before you can ask me based on my opinion, please read this below

1. Speaking about me. Forgiveness is a choice, I will choose if I want to forgive the other person or not. If I want to forgive them then I will forgive them, if I don't want to forgive them then I won't.

2. On the same lines holding a grudge against someone is also a choice for me, If I want to then I will hold grudges otherwise I won't, so that depends on me and also the situation, as to what they did.

• I forgive guys very easy but am very bad at holding grudges against females. There are females I am still holding grudges with years later.

• This is because of difference in how men and women have treated me.

• Don't mess with jade note to self

I don't hold grudges really. I kick their ass if I don't like them, it's better than just holding all this negative energy inside. I'd rather just dish all the negative energy in them and let them deal with it lol.

• I keep all my grudges, and remember everyone whose fucked me over, from the boss who didn't give me a raise to that kid in pre-k who stole my apple juice. I don't get back though I get even. I'll get even against them all when I rule the world. There will be so much sweet revenge and mayhem I'll usurp your title as the homicidal monarch

• It's impossible for me to hate anyone, and I don't think I'd ever want to. I don't ever want to end up as an old bitter person, that's just not the way I am. Sure, I may end up getting annoyed by people sometimes, (a lot of times, actually) but it never lasts and I never hold their actions against them. I don't see the point in that.

• I forgive easily, but it takes a long time for me to sort situations out

• not very long but people seem to think I am holding them when I'm not.

I just let them continue believing this :)

• eh depends on the person, but I can hold it for a veeeeery long time and if someone pisses me off it will definitely take some time

• I don't hate people, holding grudges is just too much work.. by the way I don't like people who hold stupid grudges for little to no reasons.

• A lifetime for sure. I do forgive people, but I will never forget

• the emotions of the grudge do not last long. the decision of the grudge last forever. like yeah fuck this person forever but i dont care about it either way just if it ever came down to it i wouldn't pee on them to save their life. just because fuck them.

• I can only be angry at my family for extended periods of time. Anyone else gets free off the hook after 96 hours or less.

• i don't hold them. its pointless

• I'm not sure?
    Three and a half minutes at most?

I'm a lover, not a hater.

• I forgive, but I never forget

• Oh man, once someone disrespects me, I'll hold a grudge for months if not years

• I can forgive but don't forget... so if we go in the clinch often, I'll remember for some reason the past experiences with you

• So you cut someone in half? 2.5

What Girls Said 16

• I am graduating college in 2 weeks. I literally just got over a grudge I had on a girl from 1st grade.

So... I hold onto them for a long ass time lol

• Girl I feel you but you're giving power of your thoughts to those that you hate.

It seems backwards but when you stop hating them, you never think about them anymore.

Even if they don't deserve your forgiveness... you deserve to be rid of them ☺

• pretty long time!

• No, I cannot stand to be mad at someone; if they choose to be mad at me that's their issue. I'm not going to waste my energy on being mad at another person whom I cannot control.

• I will hold grudges forever, but it doesn't like... keep me from being friends with someone. I just won't ever forget how they wronged me and it'll always be a semi wedge in our friendship.

• I don't have a grudge on anyone currently.

• Most the time, I'm horrible at holding a grudge..

but when I can.. it's forever.

• For as long as I live I can lol.

• I will never forget the things people have done to me. I may forgive them, though.

• my brother said his favorite thing about me is that i don't stay mad for very long but there is one girl i will always hate, she bullied me severely in middle school and now acts like nothing happened.

• For me, it matters what the person did. Like my ex, I will forever hold a grudge on him because of what he did to me. I pretty much only hold grudges if I am cheated on, played, used, so pretty much emotionally harmed. I can let go of other things rather quickly. I usually am actually VERY forgiving but there are some things I cannot forgive for the life of me.

I can forgive someone stealing from me but I couldn't forgive someone cheating on me. Things like that.

• 3 years and still counting

• Depends

Usually 5 mins.

• I don't hold grudges anymore. But I too, have a few people I just won't ever care for. I just roll me eyes at them and continue my day. They don't need my energy.

• I try not to hold grudges cause I'm really good at holding grudges. I eventually let it go and just not rock with that person anymore.

• I feel like I could honestly hold a grudge forever. I don't forgive people.