Do people ever use your height for comparison?

Like, for example, my co-worker put up a 5' Christmas tree at work and I hadn't been there that day and she told me tonight she said "Damn, I wish Jamie was here 'cause she's the closest thing to 5'!" because she didn't believe the tree was 5' tall. She thought it looked shorter.

So I stood next to it and, the tree and I were, in fact, the same height. With me only a smidge taller, because I'm more like 5'1'' than I am 5' flat.

Has this ever happened to you? And does it happen often?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Not like that, I'll eyeball the height on something and I'm pretty good with that usually even without anybody next to it for scale. Sometimes though I'll just look @ something as someone passes by and go yeah that's about so many feet tall.

• Only with other people so they can judge their height - I am fairly sure I am 5' 8.5/9"

• 5 ft, ? id tear that up..

oh and yeah the trees pretty small too i guess id use my mom to measure it she's like
    5"3

• Owww what's up eld

• No. Most people know I'm short but don't really know my height. I didn't know my own height for a long time.

What Girls Said 3

• No never happens!

• In 7th grade a guy classmate said he was about 5'7" and our female classmate didn't believe him, so they put us near each other to see if he was right. They tought I was 5'7" while I was just 5'5". 😂

• Nope never happened to me. Im actually considered as above average in my country