What do you think about Bernie Sanders?

What do you think about him?

anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• He seems like a nice enough guy but he's an ideologue with no understanding of or interest in reality that conflicts with the way he would like things to be. He's living in a fantasy world which is great when you are six years old and have no responsibilities but not so good when you are the leader of the free world.

• That's why you mostly see early teenagers mostly supporting him.

• They are based on a premise of human nature which does not fit experience. They fly in the face of it. You can maintain such an illusion for a while if everyone believes in it, like a religious view of the world. But ultimately the people being taken advantage of by socialism will stop performing and wealth will begin to contract.

There are two facts socialism does not recognize. First not everyone's work is equally productive and the differences become greater with more complex technology requiring greater ability to master. Second, people will work for themselves and most people will even work selflessly for their 'monkeysphere' but only a very few will work selflessly for strangers. You might be able to increase the number of the last type a bit with culture but not enough to keep the economy from ultimately stagnating. Socialism is to wealth creation like a parasite, a little just weakens, a lot debilitates.

• I agree.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bernie sanders is insane. He thinks if he raises the corporate taxes the 1% stay in the country. You are already regulating the market to death, you already have the highest corporate taxes.

aneconomicsense.files.wordpress.com/.../...142.png

The wealthy are giving you money.

In the past 40 years the GDP growth remained stable. But as a society you are not distributing this wealth between yourselves well. you have a distribution problem. as a result your real median wages are staying stagnant.

The upper class though, at least 9.9% of them out of 10% who are not being subsidized by the government but are actually under pressure too by regulations, as a result of the growth of the GDP are getting richer. Why? Not because they are stealing your money. Because their income growth as a percentage of the growing GDP has not changed. But your median income growth stayed stagnant for 40 years. You are wasting money in meaningless cycles inside the classes between yourselves instead of using it to generate class mobility. This was and is your problem. And now after recession you are keeping yourself on foot with 0-0.25 interest rates and pumping printed money into your economy. You are happy with growing the deficit to one trillion in 2009 and now have it back to 3% of GDP as it was in 2008 by disproportionately raising the debt.

The reasons behind the current situation of America goes back to 60 years ago and is completely explainable. It was a long process of destabilizing the society through the destruction of the nuclear family, disproportionate rise of labour supply, raising your share of the GDP while the profit decreased, disproportionate GDP growth compared to people's actual well being, misplaced regulations and subsidies, bad imports, and now it cannot be reversed by any kind of regulations on the Market or taxation.

At this point, with 18 trillion dollars debt that is said by CBO to raise to 100% of your GDP by 2039, with a deficit that is said to raise to more than 6% of your GDP in 2039, you cannot do anything positive by choking your market more.

Choke it, the capital will escape, your GDP will fall. You are living on GDP and government spending now. You should have known growth of the GDP alone is not a good indicator of a nation's well being.

You should have known also that your idealistic demands of equality will have sever negative economic impacts.

Because nothing, no ideology will change the lives of the people directly. All ideologies will change these numbers.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

...

• And these numbers will change your lives.

You didn't know. Most of you still don’t know. You will see the consequences.

• That's scary.

What Guys Said 14

• He is a radical socialist. His views on social issues I really like, but fiscal issues not so much. I do agree we need to close the gap between the rich a d the poor. Also he has no chance against Hillary Clinton. The Clinton crime family will win the nomination

• Bernie Sanders cares about America and makes too much sense. Therefore, he has NO place in American politics. Although, let's be honest, the president doesn't have much power to change anything so what does it matter?

• Nice profile pic.

• @Pat8707 Sanders is not a communist. He is a democratic socialist. Big difference.

• @mlts70, he's referring to me because I have a Soviet flag as my profile picture. For some reason, he felt the need to assume my beliefs and attack me for them.

• If your the same anon that said something about me liking Democrats... I don't want to hear your shit.

• I think with him we'll go from 18 trillion in dept to 48 trillion in dept. Guy thinks spending more money solves all our problems...

• Don't like him. I don't trust him to have that much power and not abuse it. Plus, some things that he wants to do are flat out wrong.

• How does he have so much support? I'm not a Democrat or Republican. I want to choose a side.

• gives the state too much power.

• Plus, he went to the USSR for his "honeymoon." Personally, I don't trust him.

• I don't know very much about him, but I don't think he would be a good president.

• I'm getting sure he would be an awful president. He's a communist.

• Comrade Bernie would fit better xD

• Hahaha that's awesome! All Commies should be sent to some island where they can't bother anybody. Then we'll see how well their policies work. :D

• He's a Communist !

• I'm reading things about him now. I'm getting sure he's a fraud.

• GRANDPA BERNIE FOR 2016 !!

• I'm Feeling the Bern.

• I really do appreciate his campaign to end all the absurd campaign finance and I know that he really wants to help people out BUT he's just not realistic... Even the Gmail algorithms have flagged his emails as fraudulent because they promise so much free stuff...

• He's the only one in the race that would help the middle class achieve some prosperity. All the others are doing just what their corporate sponsors want them to do.

• How would he help them?

• One example: increase minimum wage to $15 by 2020.

• From his website: Demanding that the wealthy and large corporations pay their fair share in taxes. As president, Sen. Sanders will stop corporations from shifting their profits and jobs overseas to avoid paying U. S. income taxes. He will create a progressive estate tax on the top 0.3 percent of Americans who inherit more than $3.5 million. He will also enact a tax on Wall Street speculators who caused millions of Americans to lose their jobs, homes, and life savings.

• if weed becomes legal in the US to grow in any quantity and you make a website to see if people with criminal records can cross the border from Canada, I will get property in an orange growing state and grow weed

• he is alright

• Dangerous. A wolf in sheep's clothing. He offers sugar in his left hand but has a dagger in his right.

I'm not a fan of other candidates, either. But the Republican candidates offer bald-faced danger. Sanders is clandestine. I am NOT a fan.

• Yeah. At least republicans don't try to say nice things when things aren't nice.

What Girls Said 6

• No, I'm definitely not a fan. He probably is a nice guy outside of the political realm but as for his policies... no way. He basically is a socialist. Actually, he's not even "basically a socialist", he announced that he is socialist and relishes in being one. I believe America accepting socialism and electing a socialist president is going against many American ideals. We aren't Europe. We are our own entity and not only will socialism ruin the healthcare system, it will also limit opportunities for people to get ahead and go the extra mile in life through hard work.

• I think he's the shit

• Not a fan basically

• I think he's the most respectable out of all the candidates. He actually cares about spending money for the American educational system, he wants to reduce tuition payments for college students, whereas candidates such as Trump want to... build a wall...

But for some reason Americans have a pseudo socialism-phobia. So he won't be elected president for that reason.

• Building a wall means he wants to stop illegal immigration not just building a wall. I have no phobia of socialism.

• And I'm not a Republican.

• YAS Bernie is everything!!!

• I think he would be a good fit. I actually follow him more so than anyone else running.