Is hair loss really a side effect in birth control?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some women have that reaction to the pill, yes. The good news is that its only temporary, if it happens simply go off it and it will geow back.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard of this before. I once had a random conversation with some women during a power outage in a store where birth control came up. One of the older women said that her daughter used to have a head full of thick, healthy, long hair then when she got on birth control her hair fell out. Now she has some bald patches on her scalp.

I will never put that stuff in my body because I've heard so many negative stories about it.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes it is. Mirena can make you lose a lot of hair. But you grow it back so you'll only really notice it in the shower when you have to clean the drain from all the hair you've lost

What Girls Said 2

• You have to look at your specific prescription's list of side effects

• Personally, I haven't had that reaction, but it can happen depending on what pill you are on and how your body takes the medication.