How much does one bread cost in USA?

I'm curious and trying to compare living expenses with my country. How much does one bread cost in USA?

Okay i just wanted to learn. I'm trying to compare it to Turkey, and standard loaf of bread of about half pounds cost around 27 US cents here, if you're curious for whatever reason.
It costs around 0.8 Turkish Liras. There's this common sense in Turkey that, when comparing living standards, "What you buy here for one lira you'll buy in America for 1 dollar". I guess it holds so far.

Most Helpful Girl

• ever heard of the Big Mac index?

• I have, and i don't know why i haven't thougth of using that. Seriously, what was i thinking. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Roughly, it says that what you can get in Turkey for 10 Turkish Liras is what you get for 5 American Dollars in America. It's better than I expected. So a $1000 paycheck in America has about the same power as 2000 Turkish Liras paycheck in Turkey.

• ok, so I take it that answered your question

Most Helpful Guy

• ranges probably from as cheap as about $1.99 per loaf up to probably as much as $10

i usually buy a 100% whole wheat pretty good brand of bread for about $2.50 per loaf

What Girls Said 5

• It depends! haha sometime 10 sometimes 4!

• I loaf of bread (cut into pieces in the bag) costs one dollar.

• It depends on the type of bread, but I'll say it's around $2.00.

• depends where and what kind of bread

• It varies on what type of bread, the grocery store and location. The generic cheaper ones are around $1.50. The fancier you get, like an Italian Herb Loaf, would be around $6.

What Guys Said 9

• i can buy an entire fresh loaf of baguette for $1

• if you want to compare living expensive, just look up the cost of living index rankings. *spoiler alert*, it's higher here than in turkey.

• About three bucks... There is cheaper but its nasty... In h-town texas

• anywhere from 1 dollar for cheap bread to 6 dollars for more "fancy" bread

• Cheap white bread $1, good white bread $2.50 on sale.

• a loaf of bread here in th UK is about £1, depending on the brand

• It depends entirely on the quality of the bread and where you live, anything from $.50 to $5.00 for a loaf weighing about half a kilo. The cheapest bread is a mass produced sponge-like product the most expensive a hand-made loaf of finest quality ingredients.

• LMAO at this question this made my day

• A loaf can cost anywhere from $1-$4 depending what is in the bread...

• Just regular, what you'd eat every day. So, any ideas about how much it weighs?

• I spend about $2. It weighs about a pound or so...