Why is slut such an offensive word?

Why is the word slut so offensive to people? I don't understand it, I call my mate sluts when they get me so many shots in that I struggle to find my way home. Is the word offensive in this context?

Most Helpful Girl

• How I see true sluts are girls who are lost and miserable deep down inside and sleep around desperately for some semblance of feeling loved. I pity these girls, and so hearing the word slut is uncomfortable because it reminds me the girls who resort to doing this.

• Are all girls that sleep around and ride on the cock carousel really that insecure and broken? Could they just not like dicks? They may have an addiction to dicks like how I have an addiction to gummy bears?

• I'm glad that you agree. 🙂

• I am glad that you are glad that I agree. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the context.

• Some men like sluts and if I call my mate a slut for ordering me three Tokyo Ice Tea's which gets me REKT! would that be offensive to say a feminist?

• I don't know dude. People r so sensitive to everything now. We should all just chill.

What Girls Said 1

• Because of the definition maybe.

And not offensive in your case (for yoiu) because your friends know you well enough to know you don't actually mean it.

What Guys Said 0