To anonymous people, do you feel safe posting anonymously?

You feel a sense of security when you post thing anonymously? Protecting your reputation and or identity.

Most Helpful Girl

• I post anonymously quite a lot and it is because I feel safer doing so. I also do it because I'm afraid people will dislike whatever I have to say and attack me for it, which has happened quite a few times. So I usually go anon and then take it off after a while if I feel safe enough to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much, I think that's the biggest point of anon posting. The only time I would use it is when either someone is obviously flaming or it's a very controversial topic I don't wish to avidly be associated with

What Girls Said 4

• Yes I do feel very safe!

• They probably do

• I post anon so I don't get PMs. I am just more annoyed at the aggressively sexual PMs I got, this feels better and I haven't received any since I've gone anon.

• Oh yeah I do!

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah but I basically never do on GaG because I like to be honest. Being 15 gives me serious disadvantages though because when I am discussing something with an asshole and he loses the argument then he starts insulting me for my age, it's the classic "I have no arguments so I try to avoid needing them" story.

• I never do, i stand by what i say, lol reputation.

• No I don't, cause Admins can see who's anonymous.

• We live in a world where pretty much everyone has a "if you're not 100% with me on every subject, then you are my enemy" sort of attitude...

• I am Batman. I only hide in the shadows to protect my family and friends. But seriously yesnit does. As well I feel less judged for the idiotic things I say.

• I post anonymously because I'm a paranoid. I think I have fairly unusual tastes and opinions and I'm kind of afraid of someone putting together a profile of me based on my posts.