I stutter, should I give up on dating? Is there anyone else who stutters?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• Does it just happen when you're nervous, or does it happen all the time? If it's the former, then it's not a big deal and you can get past it the more and more you practice talking to people, or the more comfortable you feel with someone.

• its when I am nervous and when talking to people I like or want to impress.

• Oh, then you're totally fine. It's normal.

• if there are famous singers with stutters and families, I'm sure u can make it =]

• I think its adorable!

• No, you should not give up... Stuttering is not unattractive or a turn off...

• I stutter when I'm nervous or talking to fast. I also kind of muffle my words when I talk and I have a slight lisp. You definitely shouldn't give up on dating tho!

• dont do it I dont stutter but Im very shy.

• I dont stutter. But I wouldn't care if my date did - chemistry and connection is all that matters to me.

• I have a pretty bad stutter, not horrible but its definitely noticeable...

• How does that affect your dating? I have never met anyone else who stutters and frankly its probably for the best because they would think I am making fun of them.

• Not gonna lie it was hard at first, i was very shy because of it. But after a while i just stopped caring what others thought of me...
      A few dates didn't go so well, they would always be like uncomfortable acting around me.
      Most date though just took a bit for them to get used to it then it wasn't that big a deal.

What Guys Said 2

• I stutter and slur. People often have trouble understanding me.

Don't give up dude!

• It happens to me but rarely.. It's when I try too hard to impress i guess