What should you do when your boyfriend cries?

Me and my boyfriend were watching the news tonight they talked about another shooting that happen in Colorado. Now he's scared to go anywhere without me. He's been rehearsing for a play he's in this weekend he's scared to stay there alone so I have to stay with him. I really didn't wanna watch him I want the play to be a surprise but tonight is the first night I went and stayed with him he cried when I try to leave so I had to stay. He's even scared to go outside of our house into the yard. He can't go without me. He said he had a nightmare about it last night. Right now he's sitting in the corner of our room he's sitting with his legs pulled up to his chest like he's scared which he is. He's scared of the rain and the storm were suppose to have tonight and tomorrow too. He's also starting to cry. How can I comfort him?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Trying to console him would be the thing to do if his crying was rational but it isn't, he's being completely unreasonable.

Grab him and shake him and tell him to get a hold of himself and that he can't go on like that. Perhaps also give him a little slap in the face and tell him to snap out of it.

You could also try throwing a bucket of water on him or putting him in a cold shower.

Hope this helps ;)

What Girls Said 1

• Try and comfort him. Don't make a big deal about it. Be a open ear and a warm embrace!

What Guys Said 4

• he needs some counseling. he's developing agoraphobia and the longer he avoids life the worse it will get.

• He needs professional help.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzPZFdznlE

tell him to grow up... don't be this dude

• Fake cry with him and make it funny so he laughs. Cuddle up to him and put your foreheade on his and do a riediculous fake cry and hopefully it will be funny.