What's wrong with me? Do I have some kind of diagnosis?

I know this question might be weird but I don't know where to turn.
I'm constantly feeling a bit anxious, stressed, worried and nervous. This makes me an extremely unhappy person. Sometimes I can also get anxietyattacks and feel like life's not worth living because it's more painful than pleasant, it almost makes me think of suicide sometimes and it's so scary. I have a good life, nothing bad happened in my life, but I feel unappriciated and like I'm worth nothing but misery. I don't ALWAYS feel like this, it's just when I get these panicattacks, most of the times I try not to think about it and I've learned how to hide these feelings. But I'm constantly feeling a pressure over my chest. I have troubles sleeping because my heart is beating so hard and fast and I get extremely stressed out when it's so quiet and lonely, so lately I always fall asleep with the TV on. I go to a psychologist but all he does is trying to help me with things to do when I feel this, but I want to know why I feel this way? Does anyone else recognise these feelings and do you have an idea of what it could be? I've read about generalised anxiety disorder and I thought it might be it but I don't know you guys..

Most Helpful Guy

• I have this too and it's becoming more frequent and now my friends and family are noticing. Often we have an idea of how our life should be like and sometime we don't get to have that kind of life because people are making things difficult or we change our ways for them. You and I could have very different situations. In mine for example, I wanted to work in a factory and pay for school my own way learning languages and travel the world. But I got this factory job that pays well, and now my family is pressuring me to get married and buy a house. I've been doing these labour jobs for years now and I'm so depressed it hurts cause I'm far from where I want to be. I have a degree even and I feel I've wasted it. Your story probably has a similar theme. If you tell me your story, life story even maybe I can help. I see this a lot with people... and I'm just beginning to experience it. I think we just need drastic changes in our lives and maybe we're to scared to make or accept these changes as something good.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to have some kind of diagnosis to be receiving treatment. Talk to your psychologist about it. Also make sure he knows about the suicidal feelings. okay?

What Guys Said 2

• You are probably alone,
    lonely people tend to get depression and depression leads to these situations
    the easiest solution is to hang out with people who you can relate too but if thats a problem try finding online groups or friends who you can stay connected too and dont have to be alone anymore

• This could be anything or a combination of things. Talk to a professional, tell him/her about family history of emotional and mental illness and the truth of what is going on.

What Girls Said 0