Hey there, what's a good and an effective way to learn/memorize new vocabulary?

When learning a language, do you know of a method that can help to learn vocabulary effectively without forgetting them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Reading a lot worked for me, of course you'll need a dictionary around so you can look up the meaning of the new words; write some of the new words down and try to use them when you're speaking or writing in the language you're learning.

Most Helpful Guy

• depends, what language are you learning?

• i can't speak a lick of german, but german is really similar to English. you should generally be able to understand that certain words are similar to English. and when you know enough vocab, you know patterns. also, you can come up with sentences or make gestures to remember what it means. like i speak italian and they use their hands to speak a lot. when i lived in italy, whenever i forgot, i would do what i was trying to say and it would come to me.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm a very visual learner, so I always used flashcards and with each word I would draw a picture that went with it to help me remember. This helped me tremendously

What Guys Said 1

• I use flash cards for my Spanish class which help but I rather use another better option so I have the same question