How can you break bad sleeping habits?

I lost my biological clock since I got an Allergy rash that kept me awake the whole night last week -_-
Now I sleep from 2 pm to 7 pm and it's so weird it makes me depressed, what can I do to sleep like normal people again?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do the same what brought you in this situation. Just stay up until evening even if it feels like you're dying... Then you can easily fall asleep when you should and help you get back to your normal schedule.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had problems in sleeping when I frequented between India and Germany. 4 ways helped me get back to German time.

1. Keep the curtains open and stay in sun light (whatever is available) so that through my eyes, my body can sense it is still day.

2. Taking a nap directly after strong coffee. Have some coffee and take a nap for 30-45 minutes. This would help you to wake up at around 3:00 PM if you sleep at around 2:00 PM.

3. Keep on drinking coffee or tea and frequenting to washroom till it is night and you are exhausted. (Use it as a last measure) I had to use if because of frequent time zone changing.

4. Time... Time itself will get back to your normal biological clock from the "ailment" clock.

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 8

• Your sleep cycle is regulated by exposure to light, diet and exercise.

Don't eat when you would normally sleep, keep the room as dark as you can when you should sleep, and be as calm as possible, don't exercise or do crazy stuff. During the day, eat on a normal schedule, expose yourself to natural light as often as possible, exercise when you have been sleeping. You can take a nap in the afternoon, just keep it 30 min or so.

• You can either not sleep at 2 and wait till 10 or whatever time you used to go to sleep, or you can take it step by step and go to sleep one hour later every day.

• Start doing more throughout the day and earn your sleep.

I know when I fall off the wagon the thing that puts me to sleep (over a period of time, mind you) is hard work that forces me to both exert myself and to keep my ass awake.

I just got out of another monthly sleep funk last week, and all due to helping my brother move.

• What works for me is I pick a day and stay up all night and into the next day. Then I go to bed 1 or 2 hours earlier than my norm. The next day I'm back on track.

• 😂 no matter what stay awake till like 11 then sleep

• instead of going to sleep at 2, push through and try and stay awake. Maybe that would jumpstart it

• drink hot chocolate drink and start doing your homework u will feel u want to sleep.

• Hit da blunt.

• Drink bleach.

• I'm not playing that game, you PM or you lose.

• Never mind it's not you

What Girls Said 7

• Teenagers and young adults have a pretty complicated biological clock to begin with, especially women apparently. I do sleep +8 hours a day but I've gotten into a really bad habit of going to sleep at around 5-8am and waking up at 1-4pm. 😨 I have had weeks where I had to wake up early every day for some weeks. The way I did it was to skip going to sleep and stay up until normal people go to sleep. That way you'd be so tired your body will just beg you to go to sleep at that time... But you may or may not be extra tired the next day, depends.
    You can also try going to sleep an hour earlier/later (whichever works better) every day, so you slowly get back into the biological clock. But you have to make sure you stay on track, every single day, and not skip out the weekends for a sleep in, can break the cycle.
    Also, when you try to keep yourself awake, use good energy giving sources, like apples :) not gonna lie, they give you so much more energy than energy drinks.
    Anyway Im just generally a nocturnal person so I have a hard time in general to change my biological clock for good. 😅

• You have to manage to keep yourself awake and not fall asleep at 2:00 PM. Stay up until a normal time to fall asleep, maybe 9:00-10:00 PM... or whatever you were used to. I know that'll be rough, but you're just feeding into the poor circadian rhythm by continuing to go to bed so early.

• i kinda like it since i talk to some gager at night! yeah i love gag that much!

• Working out helps! Healthy diet too! Forcing yourself to wake up early and try like sleepy time tea too

• this has happened to me before. You have to give your body some tough love and pull an all-nighter. After a few days it will be back to normal.

• I slept late. First at 1am then 2am then 3am then 4am... then until someday its came to the begining when i felt so tired that i have to sleep at 9pm or 10pm.

• Stay up all night and the following day, then go to sleep when you want to start sleeping.