Should I switch from iPhone to Android?

Yesterday at the grocery store, I dropped my iPhone (with no phone case) and broke the logic board. The reseller said there's no hope, it's gone. I'll take it somewhere else tomorrow. I contacted Apple and they said they can't repair it, but can give me a replacement for $269. I've been using my mom's LG Flex since I broke it and I thought I may get an Android phone instead of another iPhone. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I say go with an Android device. I prefer the Android OS to iOS. There's just so much more you can do even pre-rooting vs what you can do on an iPhone (launchers, nfc tag usage etc) and if you decide to root well root > jailbreak in terms of what power you get to do whatever with the device as well.

If you go with Android, then I would advise for a good experience get either vanilla or close to vanilla for a nice OS experience. I'm not a fan of Samsung's touchwiz it's just got too much bloat on it.

Regardless if you're gonna switch or not though, find out if the one Apple is gonna send you will be refurbed or new. If it's new then get it and if you decide you wanna swap to an Android device sell the new iPhone off and use the proceeds towards the Android device. It'll be much more cost effective for you this way. If Apple is gonna ship you out a refurbed one then see the sell rates on that refurbed model then decide. If it's well enough over $300 then do it unless you plan to resell via craigslist cause a place like ebay takes 10% and swappa takes a percentage too.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• Whatever you do make sure they take your iphone out of their imessage servers. If they don't, you won't get text from other iphones!

Yes this is a real thing, it happened to me.

• This is 100% about what you perfer haha.

I use an iPhone but that's me.

What Girls Said 2

• I personally like my iPhone and wouldn't trade, to each their own!

• iPhones are overpriced pieces of crap. Literally. The iPhone 6 is about as powerful as a budget smart phone from 2012/3.
    Literally any other type of phone is more powerful specs wise, and is more useful.