Do you tell 'white lies?' How do you feel about people who use them?

Are they really harmless or do you feel they should never be used?

Most Helpful Girl

• The importance is not to always express what you mean, but to always mean what you express.

It is unnessesary to always say what you think out loud.. but if you choose to say it out loud you better mean what you say.

So whether the lie is harming or not, it's still a lie. In my opinion no lies are okay.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't lie. Lying is a very bad habit and I don't approve any kind of lies, be it normal lies or even white lies.

It's best to be honest, truthful and face the consequences rather than resorting to some sort of lie to handle things.

What Girls Said 7

• I hate lying with a passion but even I tell white lies. The problem is the definition of a white lie. Telling someone you love the hideous Christmas present they gave you, or telling a small kid the dog has gone to live on a farm while you're signing the cheque for the lethal injection is one thing. Those lies are specifically to spare people's feelings. I'm also pro some of the institutionalised ones like Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

Lies that are intended to deceive, hurt, mislead or in anyway serve the teller rather than the heater are bad and evil. I have no patience for them and will not tolerate them.

I'll admit to being terrible at lying to myself - diet tomorrow, just one drink etc.

• I do, but usually they're along the lines of me talking on the phone with my mom saying, "of course I did the laundry!" While I'm running through the house to do it before she gets home.
    I feel like if they're for something simple like that it's fine but lying about age or something is a bit different.

• I tell white lies but I don't tell real lies for example I won't pretend to love somebody I hate and despise and I won't pretend to care about somebody who means nothing to me. Even Jesus deceived people sometimes. He gave his brothers the impression he was not going to the festival and then went to the festival secretly when nobody was aware he planned on going there.

• I HATE IT! I HATE LIES!

• I don't approve of any kind of lies.
    Honesty is the best policy.

• I don't count them as really lying.

• I think it's okay for small things like: I really like the sweater grandma! (So. not.) It's necessary sometimes to spare people's feelings.

What Guys Said 3

• In this world whatever isn't an outright lie is a covert one in the making.

Lies are just a social game.

• Nope, I spin incredibly detailed and intricate lies!. Why? Because anything that's worth doing is worth doing right!

• they are harmless