Do you walk up escalators or do you… God forbid… STAND STILL ON ESCALATORS?

I think it's just not acceptable to stand still on an elevator! People have places to BE!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

What Guys Said 22

• I usually walk, but standing still is fine... AS LONG AS you move to the right and let people who wish to walk have access to the left side. Some escalators even have a painted stripe down the middle and signs that ask "those who wish to stand" to stay to the right of the line.

• Different each time. Most of the time I walk up them BUT when I'm listening to a cool song I will find any excuse to make my trip longer.

• I typically walk on them unless I'm feeling lazy in which case I'll stand to the right side so people can pass if they want to.

• For maximum efficiency I walk up escalators, unfortunately most people rather use them as a way to be lazy and block me from taking advantage of the speed they grant.

• And my place to be at that moment is that very stare that I picked to stand on. Feel free to go around.

• 0|0
  • i fucking hate standers. wouldn't be so bad if they stood to one side

• In the UK you stand to the right of the escalator leaving space for others to walk up on the left side.

• Lazy bastards standing stock still on moving floors or escalators do my head in. I say excuse me and if they don't move I barge past them. Arrogant cunts

• I stand still, in the middle so no one can pass me >:)

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../3f4.gif

• That's the whole point of them though. People who want to walk use the regular stair cases.

• People gotta be somewhere and there r no stairs in the mall!

• Lol you're right on that part. But I tend to be late a lot :'(

• I know the feeling. Try leaving a little earlier. I always leave a bit early for things now to accommodate for any unforeseeable bs that could delay me.

• I go up the down escalator. It's good exercise.

• I'm a very relaxed person, so if I ever use escalators, I usually stand still and just enjoy the ride, but I prefer to use regular stairs.

• Walking? Standing still?

Bitch you see me Running!
    I be Vaulting!

• stand to the side, that way people can walk past if need be.

• where to be?

• if you want to take the stairs just take the stairs

• It takes like 10 seconds to get up one while standing, why such a rush?

• Because some need to make it in 5!

• Some r impatient. Most r impatient. Some r late

• Then don't be late is my answer to that, if they are it's their own fault, and if their impatient, well their just rude.

• I prefer the regular stairs

• It depends, usually I'm standing still like my stiff dick.

• Stand right walk left. On the escalator.

Standing still on the elevator is optimal ;)

• Are you talking about escalators or elevators? Your question and description seem to be talking about 2 different things.