Do people actually fall in love or do we all just settle?

This is long but

Do people actually fall in love and feel they can't live without a person or do we become enamored and slowly fall in love over time?

Do we just find someone who fits into a certain check box and decide to settle down and learn to love them? Does love stem more out of trust and respect than visceral feelings?

• We fall in love
  • We slowly develop love for someone who meets criteria

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow I can't believe how close this poll is. I voted A cuz my wife and I did fall in love. Hard and fast! But I know u can learn to love someone. I believe my sister in law looked for husband and father material and married my brother then later she fell in love with him. And that's not any less of a love, she deeply loves him now just like I love my wife

• So you don't think B is necessarily settling?

• Haha sure. Maybe I can't tag you in some

• Haha ya sounds like a plan. thanks for MHO lol and g'night

What Guys Said 7

• Most settle but mutual true love does exist

• No I think people can fall in love mutually and no one has to settle. I refuse to ever be with someone I settled with and I definitely refuse to be with someone who thinks they're settling with me. Settling is what most people do because they're afraid of love being too hard to find and they'll end up alone if they try for it. It's definitely harder than settling but I think it's worth the risk.

• Sometimes A, other times B.

I think its usually B for the people who date around and settle down later in life. They end up picking someone out of convenience, rather than because they are the best overall person they've ever been with.

• What do you think of people who "settle" for someone who's fallen in love with them? Do you think it's unfair for the person who's actually in love?

• Well there's a chance they are both settling.

I think a lot of people have their strongest love, most exciting moments and best sex with the people they date in their youth. Now this great if you settle down with one of these people. However if you settle down nearing your 30s I think they both pick each other out of convenience ie. theyre both at the same place in their lives, and wanting to buy a house and potentially raise kids. But they strongest feelings and most exciting memories were with their previous partners.

Im not saying this is always the case, but I do think its fairly common.

• Good question.. I think we can fall in love.. I have within 2 weeks (luckily i never said it) and i can be pretty cold hearted... But i think we find someone who is acceptable to spend our life with... But i said we fall in love... 😍

• I've fallen in love, it's been 4 years and although the love isn't as strong due to the girl not feeling the same way, it's still there...

• I think most people settle, hence the whole "I'm ready to settle down" attitude.

• We develop habits, not love.

What Girls Said 5

• I do believe you can fall in love with someone and be happy for the rest of your life. It just takes time. Too many people settle too soon despite the warning signs because they are desperate or impatient and want to get married too soon. With that said, love does take time to develop. You can't just meet someone and know off the bat that they are right for you. That's why people shouldn't rush into marriage and kids.

• I am in a negative kinda of bad mood at the moment so i will say yeah we all just settle !!! but on the bright side maybe we wouldn't have to settle... we can just keep searching until we find perfect.

• I'm sorry to say but perfect doesn't exist. At least not on this earth

• Lol ok and here u go 👋 have some luck. I already have a wonderful family lol

• @DeadShot619 yeah... Lucky! I wish I had a family!): But so far its not working!

• In the beginning - when you're young - it's love or lust or hormones or all three.

When you're older - it's something you accept - settle mostly.

• I think a lot of people have the fall in love story where they get who they want.

• most settle. a few actually fall in love.