Where are you the happiest?

In what kind of setting are you happiest?

• In the city
  • In the mountains
  • In the desert
  • In a rainforest
  • On or under the ocean
  • On open plains
  • In the country (farms and ranches)
To answer my own question, I think I would vote all of the above except the city.

Most Helpful Girl

• On the ocean!! Always. Such an interesting feeling to think that if you wanted to, you could just keep going. About 3 miles out is perfect bc you get the best perspective - the coast is still visible but you turn around and are faced with a vastness of blue water and sky

• California has some of the most beautiful coastline in the world, I think. To say nothing of our Channel Islands. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already.

• I'm on the opposite coast, have never visited CA, but would like to

• Sorry, but most of the East Coast isn't as attractive as the West Coast in terms of the beauty of the coastline. Then again, being a California native doesn't make me an unbiased observer. ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• Camping out under the stars, up in the mountains, with the sound of a bubbling brook or crickets in the background. The kind of place where it's so clear that you can see the Milky Way and swear you can hear the stars twinkling. :)

Then you wake in the morning, get a fire started, make some toast and eggs over the fire, get out the map while eating to plan your day's travels, knowing that you don't have anywhere you have to be except wherever you end up.

• Sigh. This makes me want to go camping. Thanks for sounding off. Be sure to vote if you haven't already.

• It made me want to go camp also. I haven't been in years.

Yea I voted. I voted desert, but any except the city are good.

What Girls Said 19

• I'm a country girl. Give me open fields, horses and livestock, rambling old barns and placid lakes, the smell of newly mown grass or hay, deep blue sky and starry nights around a bonfire and cornfields rustling in the morning breeze.

I also love the beach but hate crowds.

• Thanks for sounding off. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Wow cool, people seem to like mountains ^-^ I love them. But I can't say how I'd feel in the rain forest because I've never been. I know forests on mountains are really nice though.
    Ah Nature is amazing. I think that anything nature, where you see either blues or greens its simply beautiful.
    Before choosing one place though, you should explore all that you can! Lets hope people realize that we need to protect our Earth so that we can keep enjoying the outdoors. (so happy about the Paris climate conference this week!)

• Well said, SnowyOwl.

If you like mountains and would like to experience the rainforest, try making it to the Olympic National Park, specifically the Hoh Rainforest. I spent an afternoon there in the snow all by myself. It was magnificent.

• I just saw some pictures, it's amazing! If I could only go right now, hahah. Deffinetely on my list :')

• I'm a city person and that's where I'm happy! The countryside is okay too. I think mountains would make me happy too, but I don't know. I've never seen a mountain, lol.

• How tall are you? O_O

• Cuz I think you look really great tbh, but you look taller than me in your pic! :D

• I have faith that you will broaden your horizons, musicbrain5

(sarcasm ahead) and OBVIOUSLY your height is very important to this question...

• In the country! I'll take living on a farm over anything else in the world :)

• Rain forest or at the beach :)

• yeah definitely the beach. that's my happy place.

• In the country. My best friend's family bought a farm in Wales- they've started a glamping (glamorous camping) business. So my hubby and I go there to relax and spend quality time away from the city. Also I love animals and used to work on a farm, so I feel really at home there. The landscape is soooo beautiful, the air is fresh and the farm leads off into a beautiful forest where we go on hikes or just for short walks. I love it there, we go whenever we can.

• OMG! A farm in Wales!!! That would be just wonderful!

• It is, the scenery is like a postcard man. It's so perfect. We try to get away for a break there, at least once a month- if not more. It's not that far by car; it's a nice little road trip for us, too :)

• Jealous!!!

• Somewhere driving far away from where i've been! Mostly in the car looking at farms...

• I'm happiest when I travel around to all those different places. They all have a purpose to me. I love the constant buzz of the city and the lights. I love the tranquility of the rain forest. I love the vastness of open fields and plains. I love the smell and sound of the ocean. I love the unforgiving heat and the sunsets in the desert. I love the air on the mountains and the view. I love the honesty and simplicity of the country. I couldn't choose just one.

• Somewhere that can overlook the suburban street lights, preferably at night. The ocean and open plains

• Australia is often thought of as being one giant desert with a ring of civilization around it. Are there many prairies down under? Thanks for sounding off. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• Voted mountains.

• I gotta say snorkeling makes me happy

• Me too. Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to vote if you haven't already done so.

• The country is nice and so is spending time at the beach.

• At the Beach or in the country ^^

• thats very hard.. Rainforest and mountains would be my favourites, but I really enjoy all of the above 😛 except for the city, is alright but I'd rather be in places where Im surrounded by nature

• City because easy access to wifi and food and wifi

• Well basing myself on where I live and how I live, none of your options apply to me. But I tell you, I was the happiest person when as I child I visited Ireland. I loved the open green landscapes and the fresh breeze embracing my body. Such a tiny person I was but I felt complete in that occasion.

• I've visited Ireland. I found it more gray than green, but still beautiful.

Where do you live now?

• I visited Ireland like 20 years ago, it looked pretty green to me, low hills and green. Now I live in California,

• If you live in California, why do none of the options apply to you? California has every one of the settings I listed.

• I've always felt happier in the mountains. I love to hike to the top, enjoy the trees and surroundings and look out.

http://i.imgur.com/XeOL4xP.jpg

• What mountain is that?

• I'm not sure. I found it on Google. I really wish I had my own photos of the Smoky or Rocky mountains, but I don't on this computer.

• Tie between the ocean and the mountains...

What Guys Said 13

• Whenever I'm surrounded by a different culture when I'm traveling. I love being thrown into a scenario where I don't speak the local language and don't understand the surrounding culture. It forces me to be hyper aware and learn and adapt as fast as possible. I love the challenge. I love the excitement of it.

• You remind me of my friend who bought a one way ticket to Japan upon his graduation from college. He didn't speak the language. He didn't know anyone there. He didn't have the money for a return ticket. He is much braver than I.

Tell me, what countries have you visited?

• I'm not that brave either lol

I've been to Portugal, Germany, Italy, Canada, the Bahamas (not an independent country I don't think), and I think that's it for now. I'm planning a trip for next summer to Europe with some friends. It should be a blast.

• 1. On a warm quiet Italian summer evening, eating on some restaurant terrace
    2. deep in the desert were everything is quiet. (as long as there isn't a storm)

• Oh god I love the mountains, love being at a rocky clear and cool mountain lake or river, or even better a hot spring.

• With my family at Christmas

• under the ocean or water scuba diving is my forte i could stay down 100 feet below the surface for years. perhaps in the air as well but we will see.

• Rain forest... So much to behold, so much wonder, and so many things to discover.

• Tropical or temperate?

• I have been to both. Myself, I prefer temperate. However, they are both very beautiful indeed. I hope you get to see one, if you haven't already.

• I have :)

• This park I enjoy going to at night.

• I voted open plains. It is the place I like out of all of them, but I absolutely love the woods. To hear all the critters running around and such. Just so peaceful.

• I would say open plains but it's too goddamn windy. So out these I choose rainforest.

• The beach. I love water. 💙

• Thanks for sounding off. Be sure and vote if you haven't already.

• Blasting across the alkali flats in a jet poewred monkey navigated...
    andit goes on liek this

• I really connect and I am one with the Ocean.

• Thanks for stopping by. Be sure and vote if you haven't already done so.

• When I can fly or levitate anywhere.