Would you realistically leave everything behind to travel the world for a year with someone you love?

I'm talking if you had all the means and someone you loved enough to go with, would you actually drop everything where you left it and go or would you not want to mess with your current life plans?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. I wouldn't hesitate. I've always been a rolling stone, so it wouldn't be a drastic thing for me. At one time in my life I moved 12 times in two years, mostly long distance moves. I was always spontaneous. It was not unusual to decide to move, then within a couple days I was on my way across the country.

Regular traveling could be even more spontaneous. I've ended up 2000 miles away with no plan at all... just started driving to the store or something, and kept going. :)

I'm seriously overdue for another good adventure. Haven't had one in a while.

• That's amazing!

• Actually that lifestyle used to be a lot more common. During the 70s there were tons of people on the road. Traveling, hiking, camping, backpacking, hitch hiking... were all very common. A lot of people used to think if you couldn't fit it in a backpack then you didn't need it. I've gone 6+ weeks with nothing but my backpack. I've met several people who had been on the road for 1-2 years with nothing but their backpack and feet.

Now everyone is so dependent on technical gadgets that they've forgotten how to live simply and in touch with the world. People's world these days is what they see on TV and the internet, not the real world.

Sorry for the rant. It's something I hate to see. People today really don't know what they are missing. Some young people still have adventures though. Like this guy I saw at a game forum.
      www.walkhighlands.co.uk/.../viewtopic.php
      That's a nice adventure. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• i actually would. the timing would have to be perfect and we'd have to be rich af though.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, yes I would.

• f16 fits 1. if it fits 2, it still fits 1.

• I don't really have any life plans, so yes.

• I would do it. If I had the money and she were here with me, yeah. I wouldn't doubt it too much.

• i would, need to jst leave Ireland fucking shithole, need to meet someone to love tho, but yes i would and if ur offering i would gladly go haha

What Girls Said 2

• no. traveling gets boring after 3 weeks.

• I would think logically and prepare so that I still had something to come back to... :) yepp...