Would you rather live in an apartment or house?

House
Apartment

• apartment
  • house
Bump

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm happy right now in my apartment. If I lived in a house I'd want to build it myself. I've always wanted to build a house out of shipping containers and 100% recycled stuff. One day :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• House for me! I lived in an apartment with my husband when we were just dating and it was okay, but it's nicer to have my own yard and being able to paint and renovate the house however I want without landlords getting all huffy and ticked off about it.

• House thank you. Don't like the idea of sharing a piece of land with other strangers on the same block

• definitely a house =]

• single life - apartment

and since I think I'll be single for the rest of my life, then apartment XD

• I said apartment because I do not want to shovel the driveway in the winter time.

• I would be absolutely mortified if I had to leave my country cottage.

• City life is fun I promise you

• Am quite sure for some it is, and long may it continue.. But it's not for me, thank you very much.

• Apartment. Much safer.

• A house can have security features

• Don't let parranoia ruin your life

• Haha Well I have money for neither... so... poverty will take care of that for me. xD

• I lived in an apartment for a short period of time. Never again. I own my house

• I like in an ugly apartment... ugh...

• definitely a house. but not that house.

• House. I'd like my own backyard and privacy

• I like to live in an apartment, I find it more eco friendly!

• A house. I've lived in both, and prefer to have my own space.

What Guys Said 14

• We started in a crappy studio (lack of money) , moved to an apt, when we got a child we bought a house. When our son went to college in another city we bought a spacious apt with a view.

At real estate prices in Europe, many houses will have 2 or even 3 floors and thus stairs.
    When people get older they might prefer it without the burden of stairs and gardening, even if they don't need it yet : then an apartment seems logical for the long term.

• Tough decision! Where's the house? Can I make the house or apartment with any look I wanted? What's the cost? Am I stuck in a contract?

I'd say house, generally speaking, though with my career, I'd probably want small, simple, and not much work Apartments give you that I think more than houses. I'd probably want few "attachments" where I could pay to have some place to come "home" to.

• Always a house, you have your very own big house and land and you do what you want when you want. An Apartment your stuck paying rent and at the end you can't sell it and make money you have nothing to show for and your at the mercy of the land lord and you have to live by his rules or he will boot your ass out. No thanks.

• You can also buy an apartment

• But think if you had the choice of a penthouse with overlooking harbor views and a terrace.

Or a medium sized suburban house with no pool which would you go for?

• We have places like that In South Beach Miami but they cost over a Million dollars for a water view and I am not paying that. I already live in a million dollar huge home with a football style back yard and I am happy

• Lol love my house, but someday I want a place in the woods, something like this...
    media.mywoodhome.com/.../...-log-home-exterior.jpg

• Right now I live in this type... more land around it though before you reach the lakeshore.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...617137ca4d.jpg

• Looks better than the woods cabin

• It is nice, but a lot of work. I like the idea of the cabin in the woods, less grass to cut, less maintenance overall. I could still keep my horses and run them through some trails in the hills/mountains.

• My dream is a top notch apartment in London (UK) or New York City ^^

I wouldn't like to take care of an entire household

• I live in an apartment that's in a house... a BIG house. (Victorian style 100+ years old) I love it.

I don't have the headaches of mortgage, propety taxes, liability insurance for any remnants one might have as an owner/landlord... and I can move out when I want to.

• Oh. I forgot to mention maintinance on the property. And I have been there... paying out my life's worth to live in a nice 2 story house... pain in the ass!

• I already have a house. So I choose an apartment.

I would not live in a house like the one pictured.

• I'd rather live in a house. I'd rather have the lower cost, less hassle, and more freeedom of an apartment.

By the way. Property tax sucks really really bad.

• Single = Apartment/Condo/Loft
    Married = House

• I'm content with apartments.

• House, thats very nice

• Warehouse or factory with unlimited electricity. Basically a huge steel box with attachment points for modular upgrades.

• apt is too much trouble. I'd have to knock down too many gay walls.

House is boring.

A moderate open space provides the best area coverage for automated turrets and submachine guns.

• I live in house

• A little house please.