Hoping it is depression?

I feel like I can't control my life, like my hands are filled with holes and my problems are water and keep slipping through my hands. I am stressed everyday, all day. I am just 19 years old and everyone just says to me that this is just adulthood. Well adulthood hurts, I can't enjoy almost anything most days. This disappointment lingers in me all day. I feel happy some days but it doesn't feel that genuine and then I feel awful again for weeks. Most of the times I sleep, it is not enough, I get up tired after a lot of hours of sleep. All I want to do a lot of days is to lay in my bed. I don't have confidence in myself, I feel stupid despite of my grades that are very good. I can't study for university, I can't concentrate like I used to. I used to concentrate so easily but for the past 2 years I can't at all. Everything is running so fast and I can't catch up, all I can so is lay and do nothing. So I am hoping it is depression because it will explain everything that I feel. That all this can stop.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hugs. Hugs. Hugs. 19 can be a tough time. Try to relax. You don't need to have life figured out then and you and everyone else around you is still maturing. When you hit 25 you will realize everything you cared about at 19 was bs.

Nothing you are doing now is permanent and unfixable in the future. Live a little. Learn from mistakes and take it one day at a time.
    Good luck!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you tried to talk with a mental health specialist?

• I have called a psychologist and set up an appointment to see how to handle this

• Thank you so much, you're really sweet

• Taking the first step is hard so your work deserves recognition :)

What Guys Said 3

• You may be bipolar, but depression is the most likely. Talk to your doctor or see a psychologist before this gets too out of hand. I hope you feel better! :)

• Thank you, yes I am going to do to a psychologist first and if he thinks it really is depression he will send me to a psychiatrist

• Yes symptoms are pretty much like depression, but seeing someone professional for this is your best bet, don't worry remember there is always hope...

• speed holes?

What Girls Said 2

• We all have our trials. I think you're going through yours now. I understand how you feel, where you feel like everything is against you and nothing is going your way? Been there. But you must persevere.

• I like that holes in your hands analogy. It's good. I am also 19. If you care to elaborate what's going on specifically in your life, I can give you a better answer for whether your extreme levels of depression are normal or if it's a problem.

• Thank you for your answer, I am planning to go to a psychologist... I think that I feel more sad and hopeless that normal, or at least compared to how I felt two years ago

• I know and thank you for that, I just added that fact to my situation

• No problem :)