If you were a police officer or security guard and somebody asked you to stand in the land of fire - where there were bullets at you, would you do it?

If you were a security guard, soldier or police officer and there was a fight going on and somebody asked you to defend your people and you knew you would either die or get injured - would you obey the command?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I have to stay there yes I would...

What Guys Said 5

• If it was 'somebody', I probably wouldn't obey. But if it was my commanding officer, then I likely would.

• I wouldn't need to be on a job to do it... I would just need the gun... If there were innocent people at risk...

• But im a texan and i guess we r a little gun crazy.. Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaw!!!

• Ultimately, it's your own decision, even if the instruction comes through the chain of command... You instinctively do what's right.. from experience I can tell you, I've been there done that... shot, not killed obviously..

• Police officers generally don't need to be commanded or told... they are a crazy breed who are among those running towards the gunfire when everyone is running away... those were the days

• If i was a soldier yes, if i was a police officer i would use my head to outthink the criminal.

What Girls Said 4

• Well no shit.

Of course I would. That's my job.

I am a security officer, actually. And I'm looking at going for the state police in a couple years. So of course I'd stand in the line of fire. No question about it. That's my job. When pursuing that field of education and employment, that's what I signed up for lol

• In a certain case scenario, yes. In other cases, fuck no. Although this would probably never be an issue because officers take high precautions when it comes to their fellow officers safety. Anyways, if I was protecting children or parents of children, damn straight I would. In a heart beat. If I was simply protecting the officers who clearly could protect themselves, no. I probably wouldn't.

• yeah sure if i can save someone life i would. I don't care to die.

• That is the job of the police. if you can't obey those kind of commands, don't join the force.