If you clear your messages are they still in GAG's system or are the gone?

It's all in the question are your messages still in the system or gone once you delete them?

Is there any GAG admin that can answer this question?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I can assure you they're not gone.

When you clear them, you just don't see them but, they're still in the database. The other person still can see them. Just the fact that the other person can still see them means that the messages are still in the database just the link of each message to your user account is gone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing on the internet is gone, even if you do delete it. You still leave a footprint.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm sure there are laws that warrant data be retained for a specific period of time that span into years. Though the data may not be available to the admin etc. These are generally stored in some sort of 'index' files that are very small in size and unless these files are ripped with software the data is always retrievable.

I'm not an IT guy but this is what I know :)

• They're probably just archived to the point where your average non-tech savvy person couldn't find them, but some computer nerd could. Wherever they are in the "internet world" ^_^

• The police could read private messages if they had a reason to, anybody else and it would be a gross invasion of privacy.

• Once the messages are cleared, they are considered deleted. :-/

• Trying to seduce underage boys?

What Girls Said 3

• My friends tell me your remains stay in the system
    even if you've been unjustly ousted/banned
    ... can offer proof in time if really needed

• i think its never deleted.

• I'm not sure about GAG's system but I know that most messages in my smartphone can be undeleted by using certain apps that are able to restore the messages from the phone's memory. I suspect it is the same for GAG too but I'm not sure.

• Yes I'm sure the massages are still in the system some where.