Would you leave your stressful job before you find a new one?

My job of years is getting extremely stressful because there is too much to do and too much pressure on me and others.

I have no other job in hand. I am actively looking now.

If I quit it means I should go back to my country where I won't find a good job, or if I am lucky find a job somewhere else.

I am very stressed. I have nightmares daily and I lost appetite. I feel sometimes I just gonna tell them to f**** off and walk out.

If you were in my shoes, would you leave or stay?

Most Helpful Guy

• It has certainly reached a point where you need to give priority to your health and well being. Quit that job now, you can work out what to do later on. Unless of course, you can't survive without a job for at least a couple of months.

I did quite my highly stressful job sometime back, but I also had another reason along with the stress. I have now put my career on hold, and looking o do less stressful, semi-skilled jobs, until I regain my confidence a bit and return to my profession.

What Guys Said 2

• Stay. Got to keep the money coming in... And dont tell your new job that u want to leave th one your in.. Tell them your unemployed

• Most men I know would stay till they have a new job, unless they're pretty well off.

Women are way more mixed.

In your situation there's no way i'd quit first.

What Girls Said 4

• I mean the responsible thing would be to find a new one before you quit, however I know some people that have been so fed up and just quit. Have to make sure you're financially going to be okay though x

• nope not until i find a replacement.

• Yes I did just that 3-4 years back. Left mid way through the day. It worked out ok I was called by 4 companies looking to hire me within a few days.

• I would and have a new job after that.