What's the weirdest place you ever slept in?

I haven't had extremely crazy sleeping experiences, other than having to sleep at school with 7 other students one night because of floods in the city.

What about you fellas? Share your stories. 😎

Most Helpful Guy

• I once slept two nights in a bathroom in elementary school because the groundskeeper "accidentally" locked me in over the weekend.
    I also spent almost two months alone on a deserted island in the Pacific Ocean back when I was 17. I improvised a hammock between two trees on the beach, because the ground was too hard and I didn't like having crabs run all over me every night. Probably not as weird as the bathroom, but more unique.

Most Helpful Girl

• on a radiator. i woke up when i started getting burned lol.

What Guys Said 20

• Probably the Rustempasa Kervansary otel in Edirne (TR, 60 km west of Istanbul) was an centuries old Ottoman kervanseray (stop place for camel caravans and market place) . When we went there (not by hazard) , the transformation was just finished. The outside looked like this:
    archnet.org/.../IAA0035.jpg?1384690846
    Under each of the domes is a room, seeing out over the camel corral:
    media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/.../...sa-kervansary.jpg

Rooms are sober (even more back then) :
    www.edirnekervansarayhotel.com/tr/odalar/7.jpg

But the atmosphere really brings one back 200 years in the Ottoman empire.
    ------------
    Other weird places?
    *-The kibbutz in Israel, near the Golan heights where we were hushed to safety in the basement bunker. when some mortar shots or rockets were fired in our direction.
    ---
    *-The hotel in Cairo, a rather dirty annex of a big hotel. When we went out for a walk in the unpaved backstreet, to find a main street we had to wrestle through a herd of sheep walking in the city center.
    ----
    *- Then there was a nice hotel in Mexico, where breakfast (pancakes with some syrup) was served near the little river. Next to us was a (rather sleepy) 6 ft alligator.
    ---
    *-In another hotel in Yucatan our sleep was disturbed by a bullfrog in a jungle at the end of the garden. I first thought it was a jaguar.
    ---
    *-When In Firenze, I had found a nice hotel on the first floor of a classical building. My wife complained about the strange stairs and the high ceilings. Looking it up, it turned out to be designed during the Renaissance by Amannati, one of the most famous architects of his time. The stairs were for horses, so that horsemen could ride directly to their room through them.

*-Another time in Firenze we had booked a studio on the central place. It turned out to be on the roof, overlooking the battisterio, at 30 ft. The big old church tower of the naerby duomo was at 300ft. You can be sure its bells are NOISY!
    The rooftop was rather cluttered, thus I had to buy a torch to find our way when coming home after supper.
    ---
    I won't give details about one or two hotels which were so dirty that we slept fully clothed.

• Middle of a bunker in Al Taqaddum Iraq. Spent the night there because a mortar hit the ammo supply point and shit was blowing up for like 12 hours straight... kind of strange what you can get used to.

• A toilet in a closed down school. In a bomb shelter. In a nuclear fallout shelter. In an upturned comercial vehicle. A ditch under a hedge. A castle moat. On top of an old artillery piece. In a russian t34 tank. In the restraunt at the top of the world trade centre (a couple of days before it came down). In the blue lagoon in iceland. On a bench in the middle of Asterix Park... and ontop of a fiberglass roats boar in the same. I've been to a lot of strange places and Ill nap anywhere.

• On the kitchen floor when I was a stubborn little 8 year. I refused to wash the dishes and because of that I wasn't allowed to go to my room so I fell asleep in the kitchen floor after crying my eyes out.

• in the forest, like by a river, just laying there. no sleeping bag lol

• I slept in the air duct once, a large opening in the wall, plenty of room, also nice and warm. Was a long day at school and I couldn't be bothered to go home :D

• I once slept under my pool table just for the thrill of it. I have no clue why I wanted to, but I was too big for it. Haha

• Cemetery. I was homeless for a couple of months, and the graveyard seemed like a good spot. Quiet, secluded, taken care of, etc...

• I am sorry to hear that. 😔
      I'm glad things are better now. And indeed, cemeteries are often a good place to sleep in for homeless people. A big percentage of the Egyptian population in Cairo sleep in cemeteries.

• my closet because tey had 7 Mosquitos in my room

• In my dogs little house 🐶

• behind a seven eleven when i was hitch hiking cross country. i did that a few times in my early twenties. slept a lot of weird places. under bridges in bushes on the subway lol

• In a FULL toy box.

The toy box was too full to have a lid, so I slept there on top of all my toys. My legs and arms were hanging off the edges, and I had a pillow and my covers. Holy crap, when I woke up the next day my arms and legs were COMPLETELY NUMB! Not comfortably numb at all. It was terrible.

• lol it's a long story

• in a cave on the local beach

• The floor of the Vienna train station.

• there's been a lot I think one of the strangest was after a party finished I fell asleep in a dog basket totally wasted or a sofa in a friends garden in the middle of the winter, yes due to beer again lol

• In a hedge

• I've slept on top of my mate's shed.

• In the car. - - -

• A uterus for 9 months

What Girls Said 16

• I fell asleep in a closet while playing Hide 'n Seek.

• under my bed, in a closet, random floor...

• Oh my god 😂

• haha I wasn't drunnk but I as hell was depressed... I just laid on benches outside college haha I get werid looks (:

• In a tent with my friends in my backyard, so not too odd. My friend told my brother to come out and scare us. The one who ended up being freaked out the most? My friend who told him to do it.

• In a car in the middle of an abandoned parking lot

• The bathtub !!!

• I fell asleep in a tennis court once.

• Hummm... Slept on the roof of the building. Was quite fun...

• On my kitchen floor.

• When I was little I fell asleep in a box

• On the back of a school bus. Lol

• On an inflatable boat inside my living room.

• Nowhere weird. But I was so tired once I just slept on the couch in my room rather walking ten steps lol.

• On the floor of a bus.

• I fell asleep on the kitchen counter once. I remember waking up and thinking I was dumb.

• What were you having a midnight snack or something?

• @DamnCurtis Nah, my friends and I hang out in the kitchen a lot and it was late and I was tired and the chairs were taken so I took the counter!

• I fell asleep sitting at a stoplight in the middle of the day once when I was working 80+ hour weeks.

• Hammock on the deck of a sail boat.
    Hammock on the FL Trail.
    On the beach.