I have a problem withnmy car. Does any one here know about cars?

So I turn the key and the lights on the dashboard light up but the engine makes absolutely no sound at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• First Check your battery for sufficient voltage and capacity. Places like autozone will test it for free. If you can start your car by a jump start, then you have a battery issue.

If not...
    Second Do you hear a "click click click" noise as you turn and hold the key to crank? If yes, your starter relay has probably gone bad and requires replacement. A temporary workaround for OLDER cars (circa 2006?) is to impact the starter motor with a pipe. Newer starter motors use a permanent magnet and those can be damaged by an impact. If you aren't certain, then don't do it.

• There was a clicking now it's just silent

• @asker it's been a while now, did you find out what the cause of issue was?

• Yeah battery was dead. Had to get another one. thanks for the help

What Girls Said 3

• no sorry I don't! My mom friends all know about car but not I!

• Starter or ecu.

• Battery maybe

What Guys Said 3

• Your battery is almost dead. Get a jump.

• Sounds like a problem with the starter

• Any idea what the price range on that will be?

• You can't call a diagnosis without first finding out all the current symptoms and evidence...

• check your battery, fucking suka.