How do I hide my new cuts from my counciler/my parents?

I've been cuting for a couple months and my sister took me to therapy but its not working its making me feel worse and i feel like a faliure but whenever i try to stop i can't and i just go back to the blade and i dont want awnsers saying i need to get counciling COS I ALREADY DO

• i do cut
  • i dont cut
  • im deppressed but dont cut

Most Helpful Guy

• cut yourself. cut YOUR OLD SELF. what does that mean? cut all the depressive thoughts, and old mindset and lifestyle that lead you there. change your mind, form a new way of thinking. start simple. learn to have gratitude for the things you have rather than depress over those you dont. next time you drink a glass of water remember that an African tribal mother can walk 4 hours in the dessert to gather one third of what you fill just by pressing a button. dont take what you have for granted cause its not granted for billions of people. also remeber we fall only to stand up again. you see in your self a loser. i see a survivo that went through so much shit ad made it. its a matter of perspective. what are your defeats? do you know that? your defeats are only the prolongation and temprary retardation of your impeding victory. thats it. every breath you take is a gift from God. my four year old daughter is supported by medical instruments to breathe. what did she do? are you more worth of breathing than her? do you take it for granted? no its not granted, and you possess it because you are blessed with this gift. each breath you take is a gift. you want to cut something? cut your old self. cut off the mindset that keeps you behind.

• first off im not old second this is what im on about you sound just like my farther

• never told you are old. i said leave your "old self" behind. its in your hands. to transform your mindset and perception. your father loves you dont think he doesn't. i have a daughter too and i know how it feels. he might not be able to handle what you go through easily. dont judge him for it. he is doing the best that he can. learn gratitude and you'll benefit greately. life is too short and words are too few, so say the right words as much as you can. thank you and i love you. these words are all a person needs to be and make others happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• What I could recommend is to talk to somebody not saying a councillor. Find somebody you can actually trust. I was/still am like you. The only difference is that I don't cut. I've wanted too though. Another thing that works for me is to get up and walk somewhere.

What Guys Said 5

• I find it hard to believe that more than half of the voters are depressed. I feel depressed sometimes too, but that doesn't actually make you "depressed".

• It's your life, if you want to get better see a professional otherwise life will just be a giant ball of shit until you die

• How do you hide them...

You... Don't...
    Do the counselling and get better.

• Your a nut case

• I don't cut myself anymore, I used to depressed throughout my teenage years.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm going to be honest with you. Cutting is disgusting, dramatic, and completely unnecessary. It's not edgy. It doesn't make you look mysterious or intriguing. It makes you look like a basket case who has no control over her life and wants attention for her issues instead of resolving them in a healthy way.

YOU. NEED. COUNSELING.
    You sound sick and you need help. Mutilating your body because you get upset or frustrated is not normal or sane. Counseling is what is best for you.

• yeah because when you hurt your self you do it to look cool for other people. im sure there have been those that have done it, but the 'scene/ emo' era is long over. it's wrong to make assumptions.

• right so maybe i am being sensitive, and defensive maybe i have reason to be. but you started your opinion talking about how you feel about cutters, and how they appear, in a way that suggests that attention is a major reason for cutting, you did not discuss other mental issues for why a person may cut, such as suicidal thoughts, self loathing, and/or depression. leading me to assume that you don't know very much about self harm. sorry for offending you.

• @Possible_Mate I'm allowed to express my opinion and answer a question with my personal insight without making sure it's okay with you first. I don't have to discuss mental issues or check off everything you find important that must be addressed on this topic in order to give the asker my personal insight on this subject.

You are waaaay too sensitive and you need to get a grip on your emotions instead of being so defensive because you told yourself a story in your head that I must think and feel one way without knowing or being aware of other factors. You can't exactly try to lecture someone on an assumption if you're the one assuming that they think something to begin with.

• hey so here's my experience with cutting: i've done a little bit of cutting in the last few months. i've been though cycles of depression since i was about your age. the reason i've probably never cut up until recently was because i was too scared, felt to much, i was worried someone would notice. but then i died some more on the inside and i want to be be the only thing that can hurt me that badly, that no one really cares to notice so it's easy enough to lie about. but that thought is also just so incredibly sad. and lonesome in and of itself.
    what i've realized though that cutting doesn't help anything. it sort of makes you feel a little better and more in control while you do it; but ultimately it doesn't help it's a lost cause and there's no point in. and although it's kind of addicting i'm trying to stop because i know there are other things i can do that actually do help me feel better. i do some physical activity, (karate, walking my dog). and i keep busy with my hobbies like anime and drawing. so i guess my best answer for you is try to do it as little as possible.

• Let me tell you this. I used to self harm for three years, I now have big, pink puffy scars everywhere that has prevented me from getting a job, being treated normally by people and so on. I hated counselling as well, but now looking back the counselling kickstarted my ability to heal myself. Don't hide them, get help and move on. I've been there and I've seen it all. If you don't like the counsellor, find a new one. Chat to your parents and find someone you do connect with, because some people you just don't and that's okay. But, covering them up and keeping it all to yourself is going to put you on a very bad path.

• Hun don't hide them. Get the help. I've been depressed. I went 2 years wanting to kill myself like everyday. I wish I had've gotten the help sooner. Sometimes you have to feel worse before you get better.

• Also councillors are like hairstylists you have to go through a few before you find the right one.

• If that therapist isn't helping and is making things worse, you need to tell your family that. Perhaps finding a new person will help.

• Please don't harm your body. I used to cut myself and no one knew about it because they would be on my legs. Then one day I looked at myself in the mirror and it looked absolutely terrible. I felt so stupid for doing something so immature and disgusting.
    The only people who know about this are my sister and best friend.
    So how did I stop? I told my sister about it, who flipped out. But despite that, she helped me. A lot. She made me appreciate what I have in life and how cutting does absolutely NO GOOD. It's awful!
    Seriously, I strongly encourage you to watch omnision's (I think that's how you spell his YouTube name) video on why people cut. I have to say, he discusses a lot of sensitive subjects and so far, every single opinion he has had I strongly agreed with. His videos are like wake up calls, really.
    If you still feel like hurting your body for no reason, maybe exercising will help instead. That's what I do, and it gives you the pain that you crave oh, so much along with the benefit of being physically active. Just, please, DON'T HURT YOURSELF ANYMORE. It's not worth it! Talk to someone who you could trust and that will honestly try to help you!! Don't rely on some counselor that's just after money because most of the time, they don't care. Talk to family (or a super close friend) instead.

• DONT HARM YOURSELF. Talk to your parents. Don't hide. Please let them help you.