My ex thought so but I feel normal. Am I suffering from depression?

The older that I am getting the more I realize that it was true when people told me that as we age it is harder to make "true" friends. I am an introvert and I enjoy my fair share of solitude but now I am feeling alone. I don't need a lot of friends I just miss having that genuine connection with people. I've tried to put myself out there but everything just feels so insincere and I start to wonder well maybe I am doing something that is off putting but I am not. I know I have this old soul vibe going on but I know that I can't be the only one in this world who relates. In the civilian world I am alone and at work I am alone. I don't know where to turn. I remember a time when I found connections like that. I don't think I am depressed. I don't feel that way so what is going on? Maybe I'm dead inside and just don't know it. At this point I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

What Girls Said 1

• NO. You aren't depressed. Jesus I'm sick of people telling others they are depressed because of this or that. You are an introvert like me, and you don't need constant socializing, but you do miss the genuine connection of a close friend, and a companion. It has nothing to do with depression. You might feel it's harder to make social connection (which has nothing to do with depression) and so you feel a bit helpless or lonely, but don't let negative thinking stop you from trying. Just try different approaches, and in the meantime, enjoy solitude, and don't start believing anything like you're "dead inside", that isn't true or helpful.

• Thank you. That is how I've always felt but she told me I was wrong and everyone at work treats me like I'm a disease or someone who will go crazy and explode. I don't want to change

• Don't let them influence you. You know your own mind, and they just want to slap a label on you, so it makes sense to them, but that isn't okay.

What Guys Said 0