Ever been called ugly?

I have and I must say, it hurt a smidge but I didn't really feel bad or discouraged.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I have but it really didn't bother me, because the person who said it was just trying to bring me down. Know your worth x

What Guys Said 16

• Of course I have been called ugly plenty of time. Having said that, it doesn't really matter what they think about me, it only matters what I, my parents, siblings, SO and the people close to me thinks about me. If you're not in that list, what you say towards me won't offend me.

• She said I waa ugly and I tore her apart
    "Alex, you're ugly stfu"
    "Grace, your face looks like a fucking dorito"
    *everyone laughs*

I can't lie I felt bad afterwards. But you don't randomly insult me and get away with it.

I said sorry and then we were friends after that.

• Not seriously, just joking. There was this girl who always called me "ugly" and I called her "beautiful". Just teasing, cause we ended up together for 8 months.

• Yes once about a year ago but she was on teamspeak (skype for gamers). I had a picture with a cookie on it and she said she rather date the cookie instead of me and no it wasn't a joke. After that I was really insecure about myself and I replaced the picture with some geek pic.

• Pfftt.. yes. It hurt :(

• I have had that a few times. Used to really hurt but I got over it and realized that not everyone can find me attractive. So now I focus on those that do.

• have not, but I know that insults can hurt

• Countless times and it hurt me a lot more when I was a small boy, now I am grown man that needs nobody else's opinion of me and how I look it's water off a duck's back.

• One of my exgirlfriends mom called me ugly once. lol Ah well.

• I'm sure at some point I have. But I don't worry much about what other people think

• I was told I looked silly and such when I first got my glasses in grade school.

• Not personally no, only on the internet by internet strangers

• I've been called cute, hot, handsome, shady, weird, sketchy and fat but never ugly!

• Yes a lot and does hurt

• I don't recall someone ever calling me ugly

• Nope! Then again, I never went to a public school.

What Girls Said 21

• Yea. Lots of times. But I think everyone has because you can be Beyonce and someone will still think you're ugly. Can't please everyone.

• Too many times.

• Yes.
    I've been called ugly for a lot of my life. Sadly I believe them rather than the people who call me beautiful. I see all the bad.

• I'm called ugly frequently. Some dude on okcupid just called me ugly and fat last night (after hitting on me) cause I wasn't messaging him back.

I don't message anyone back

• 'I don't message anyone back'

lol so what's the point of being on a dating site?

• @the_rake Yep I know that. Not really worth the effort.

• hmm well although I don't condone this particular person's behaviour a lot of men, myself included do go through a lot of profiles and it can be very disheartening when you only get a very small amount of replies. I think if less people - although it seems to be women on the whole, given the high response rate of most males - did this, then there would be a lot less disappointment on the whole and men could focus more on the women that replied.

but if you don't want to make a small effort amounting to a click of the button, then please don't concern yourself.

• People don't know when to keep their opinions to themselves. I do not think you are ugly, Asker. :)

• Yes I have and it doss hurt... Well at least when it comes from people you're close to 😒

• Yeah I have. I think everyone has.

• Just from my sister and cousin lol. Didn't get to me since it was kind of a joke. I wouldn't care even if it wasn't. Everyone has different taste. The problem lies with those who actually tell a person they're ugly , in a serious way, there is something wrong with people who are so shallow. You shouldn't waste your time thinking about people like that.

• Yep, I have. That's a crushing blow, hah.

• I think when people say it most of the time there is some ulterior motive. It's an emotionally driven mean thing to say. Think about it.

• What could that be?

• I have seen some girls do it and would immeditely say they must be jeoulous. Thank you for the insight

• Anytime:) Jealousy makes people act vicious.

• A few times. Tbh, I'm sensitive and too worried about my looks, so it really hurt and essentially ruined my self-esteem. Even on days when I suddenly think, "Hey, I look good today!" my mind quickly swoops in and reminds me of what those few people told me. And then I find all my flaws again.

I really wish I could brush it off like so many other people do.

• Yup, amongst other things.

• Lots of time during my early school years all the way till I was 13. Kids can be cruel alright.

• Kids are worse than adults cause they don't realize that their words can hurt a lot.

• True. I'm willing to bet most of the times, when they're older they'll probably excuse their actions by saying ''Oh I was a kid'' as if that were to suddenly erase the years of getting verbally/socially tormented every day at school.

• In grade & high school it happened all the time.

• Yeah by me and some of my cousin n random strangers!

• Yeah. Many times. Doesn't matter.

• those people who call you ugly usually just do it to hurt you so just ignore it and don't give a fuck about it 👍

• @Yumix : I don't care about what people think :P

• Yeah I have, but I don't get offended by stuff people say

• Yeah, but then I lost weight, then suddenly I was called cute, pretty all the time.

• Not yet, but I have enemies

• Everyday in every possible minute at school. To be exact every second. ag a and words that has a similar spelling when they open their mouth. This pattern happen when the teacher is close to where they are sitting. I won't lie and say it doesn't hurt.

• Only by me, when I was feeling at my lowest.
    That was rude, whoever called you ugly. You aren't, by the way. I'm glad you didn't feel bad or discouraged.

• Aww, thank you. I was called ugly in my teens a lot. And I also call myself unattractive.

• Oh, good for you back then, too!
      I'm self critical, or I really was a few years ago but I am trying not to be.