Do you think it's inappropriate for employees at a store to discuss their religious beliefs?

Amongst themselves and also would you tell their boss on them if you were a customer and overheard them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel as long as they aren't acting as if their beliefs are the only correct ones and trying to convince other people as such and shoving their religion into others faces then it should be okay.

• But if they were just talking amongst themselves and not to you, you wouldn't be offended?

• Not really. I'm not in their conversation so it shouldn't bother me.

• the only correct belief is the one your boss has, of course.

Most Helpful Guy

• Amongst themselves, I don't see the problem. Though if they were proselytizing either their fellow employees or customers, that would be inappropriate.

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly, it's not relevant for the most part. Your faith has no bearing on your ability to sell me socks. I wouldn't ask, you don't have to tell me.

• But if it was just amongst themselves and not towards customers?

• @HowRUbBuddy She was in another aisle she wasn't just right there

• @HowRUbBuddy I think that people need to take a step back from those conversations. Are they saying "I don't believe god exists" or "god doesn't exist"? Most atheists I know say the former.

• Yeah unless it has to do with work

• Would you report them to their manager if you overheard them?

• Maybe but if it was like one time deal than i could care less. If this is everyday I would complain!

• Amongst themselves out of earshot of customers I have no problems with that.

• If it was in ear shot of customers?

• Would you report them to their managers if you heard them?

• I don't think I would go so far unless it was racist remarks.

• No. Freedom of speach.

What Guys Said 8

• It's probably inappropriate, yeah, but I wouldn't report them for it. There's way more important things going on in the world than snitching on someone like that.

• No, it doesn't make any difference to me.

• No more inappropriate than discussing the football results from the previous day.

• i dont think much of it everyone i know does it its no big deal

• I think it's normal work place banter

• I think it's more appropriate if they're doing what they get paid for. But no, I wouldn't squeal on them.

• It's dangerous to discuss religious beliefs on the job: you boss might have different religious beliefs.
    My boss asked me to send my son the the same RC school his son would go to. When I said, "No, we're atheist", his answer was "You'll pay for that" and indeed, I paid for it.

• Most employees policies forbid it. I agree it's probably best to talk about it off-work, but I see nothing against striking up their interest then continuing the convo after work.