What do you want to be when you grow up?

Or, what do you wish you had become? I'm currently studying law:)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm heading down the same path as you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a few fields of interest, pretty much all in the liberal arts and humanities: novelist is the main one, but other than that I may be anything in fashion, a journalist, marketing, a psychologist, a missionary, an evangelist, a pastor maybe, makeup artist, event planner...

What Guys Said 21

• A good dad... No wait... A GREAT DAD!

I know it sounds like a consolation prize of sorts and instead of aiming for my own personal goals in life rather to lay the burden of achievement onto my children instead of work my own way out of my comfort zone and achieve something worthwhile for broader humanity and not so selfishly restrict that to those of immediate importance to me personally. It's not, they're separate goals.

With each generation that comes to the fore, a certain expectation of perceived improvement and achievement is laid at their very capable, yet so very fragile little feet. Our modern society and way of life is so extraordinarily highly leveraged that we leave ourselves very very little room for error and as a species that learns primarily from our mistakes this can and does have an incredible impact on our personal growth and development.

With the right kind of support, nurturing, assistance, understanding and willingness to be there and help them grow and develop, future generations have a truly wonderful opportunity to understand, appreciate and account for their own lack of ability and understanding and work on developing solutions to these fundamentally critical areas of necessity for codependence and genuinely progress and development.

Personally my own time for a wide variety of things to embrace is over and mid-life crisis or not these can never be recaptured nor can they be re-lived vicariously through the lives of our children. But I do still have the opportunity to be that difference for a young boy, becoming a young man, to help him to cultivate the best set of priorities and values possible, that will be a true benefit to him personally and more importantly those that will rely on and depend on him as a pillar of strength in his immediate societal group.

We, as a people, far too often expect young people to instinctively know and feel the experiences that have shaped us into what we are today and it is so often too painful to "dwell on" and hold onto them we would far rather just gloss over the lessons inherent to them that we just let them figure it out themselves one way or another.

Even although I know I am so very far from being the perfect example of these lessons but I figure my future son will be intuitive enough to see it for what it is and genuinely appreciate the time and effort exerted purely for their benefit.

If nothing else though, hope will remain and the promise of progress may even be enough ultimately?

• A Toys-R-US kid... ha ha!, you probably dont know what I'm talking about, lol.

But seriously... A Virtuoso cellist like Yo-Yo Ma is what I always wanted to do. Maybe some day... maybe someday you'll at least see a video on youtube of me playing, lol.

• I want to be a child when I grow up,

• I wanted to become an Engineer or a Scientist, but I became an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) instead... bummer...

• "I wanna be the very best, like no-one ever was."

I wanted to play Video games with friends for a living. Like Achievement Hunter of Funhaus.

But I work in Sainsbury's.. so yeah. 😂

• I wanted to play for the NBA. Didn't really work out, I got into corporate consulting instead 👍

• Gods. I hope that never happens...

• I did want to become a lawyer, like my father before me, though in order for that to happen I have to sell my soul to the devil.

A Lego Designer perhaps?

• Well I wanted to be in the Film Industry when I grew up... Ha Ha wait a minute... I am :P Ok next question.

• Retired with lots of money

• I'm not going to bother growing up.

Problem solved.

• I want to be Batman

• amazingggg

• A dad and not have to worry about the bills

• I wanted to be a police officer. But then I got into computers.

• Not grown up.

• I wanted to be a cop by my shoulders are fucked

• I'm already grown up, and I am in pre med.

• A rock star... just take a look at my profile picture, haha.

• I want to be a Soldier.

• what do you do i do, just to be happy

What Girls Said 8

• I want be a wife!

• I was contemplating being a vet, but I didn't want to see sick animals. I'm hoping to get back into education one day.

• I am already grown up but I haven't reached my goals yet, hopefully I will within 3 years :)

• I want to be a geneticist

• Born to be an actress XD

• Registered Dietitian :)

• i wanna help other young girls with eating disorders love their self

• I want to be a doctor. Applying to med school in Jan (: So close to the finish line now!!