Anyone else love math.. or am I the only one?

Dead serious lol. Loved Calc 1,2,3.. I got linear algebra & differential equations next semester and then I'm done. Kind of sad about it tbh.

• I hate math
  • I love math
  • In between

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not on that superior IQ time like u brother.

But I did enjoy statistics and algebra. The rest can go to hell lol.

• Lol don't have to have superior IQ for math. Want to know what I was taking senior year of high school? Algebra 1 lol.

• Yeah I would imagine. Finance was definitely a strong consideration of mine. I just feel like engineering is more interesting to me though. I could probably self educate my self on finance basics anyways which I have with the stock market and investing.

• Knowing what I know about u, I think engineering would so be your thing.

What Girls Said 21

• I like maths, but only a certain kind of maths. I like everything with formulas, algebra, differentiate and integrate and hate probability calculation, goniometryand geometry. Calculating with formulas is somewhere relaxing. I just put my music on and do my magic with formulas.

• It's one of the most beautiful things I can imagine about existence.

• I love it! Sometimes I close my eyes and see numbers moving around. Doesn't happen as much anymore though.

• Yes!!! I had such a hard time in math studies growing up because my teachers didn't likey ha devoting and wanted me to show my work. Even if it was logical and they knew I didn't cheat they deducted points if I didn't get to my correct answer by the process they thought I should use.

My senior year in high school I was lucky enough to have a teacher who was retired from NASA. He used to have me do logs in my head to show the other students doing it on paper wasn't that hard. He also had me solve on the blackboard however I wanted for he class so they could see there was more than one right way.

I did well in math during college thanks to him becausey professors felt the same way.

• There are so many teachers in the U. S. that aren't that into math but get assigned to it because they have a BS instead of a BA or whatever. Of your teacher hates math and dismisses you because you are "too hard to teach" the right way of course it is very discouraging for students.

• @sjoes006 those teachers are the best! The ones that let you learn however it works for you! And have all that experience! They usually have great stories!

• I'm in love with math so much! It's the only thing in this world that makes sense, that I can trust 😂Well that's a little sad, but true

• DifEq is beautiful! It's frequencies in motion, if it's homongenenous is exsiest naturally, I'm studying engineering and DifEq is like all concepts into one theory. Trig is really what I'm best at, it just makes sense. The earth is round, the eye is round the triangle is how we perceive things with said eye on said earth. Linear algebra is a difficult subject, at least it was for me, just bc there is a lot of unnatural things that can happen in matrix. I want to understand the world in the universe and some things in linear algebra are irrelevant to gravity and our orbit in this galaxy and solar system ( or at least I can't see the connection yet)

• Wasn't a fan of lin alg, but ODE calculus was fab.

• I'm good at math. Like give me an example and I'll understand it rather quickly. My math teacher in high school wanted me to be an engineer. But I feel he just said that for "diversity" sake. To be a token Mexican/female.
    But I hate math.
    It's boring and there's too many numbers. They like, never end.

• I'll RARELY see female engineering students in my classes. If I do they are almost always civil.. and Asian lol. You definitely would of been different if you chose the engineering route.

• It's maths not math. American English is wrong.

• @asker, see, I feel like it was just so I can be the token girl. No thanks.

@Superior93 sorry lol my first language isn't even English. This is what they taught me.

• Not sure if he loves it but @rthomas43 is a math nerd

• It's not my favourite subject, but I would reather have 10 Math calsses than 1 Romanian class.

• i liked algebra and calculus once i finally understood it, which was a little too late
    geometry can go to hell

• You are certainly not the only one, I can guarantee that. But I personally hate math with a passion and want absolutely nothing to do with it.

• I fucking love math
    When i was in 6th grade i got a 97 percentile out if the whole state of georgia
    I had to take math college courses from duke university

All because math is my fave subject

• 16 years old.. very impressive. What do you plan to do with those skills?

• Nah mayne.. Definitely up there in top tier if that is true. Don't squander it.

• Who would lie about that?😂
      Ill probably whip myself nack into shape and get back on point where i was

• I enjoy English more. But don't mind Math at all.

• I hate Math. With a passion.

• Not a fan of it. I much prefer reading and social studies.

• I Effin HATE MATH! I'm not horrible but it's so boring compared to other subjects!

• If we were on a date and you said that.. I would walk off and go no contact. You would have to pay for dinner.

• @Superior93 Yeah that's why I talk to dozens of guys here -_- Wow I must be so creeps out by male rapists ! Don't take your failing experience as a generality !

• You mean you interact with dozens of guys just like a female receptionist talks with dozens of guys because of her job.

• Math is ok. I always preferred History and Science.

• It was one of my better subjects in school if that helps.

• No but I love science so I don't really have a choice😀

• I hate math and math hates me.

• Yeah. I love working with numbers and I've always been good at it.

• I am very good at math in high school. Got 100 marks each exam. But stupid side of me choose medical field. I shud be a math teacher.

What Guys Said 18

• I hate maths.

• It was arguably my favorite subject! My favorite thing was constructions in Geometry. OMG so fun! I loved it so much that I took every CAD and Mechanical Drafting class our high school offered, got a solid A in every class, and was offered a job at a special manufacturing plant before graduation!

But even math in general, I love it because it's like a puzzle, and really works your problem solving skills, and when your done with a really long problem, it just looks cool, and you can't help but look at it and be proud of what you just did. And with math, it is what it is. No opinions, no theories, no contemplations, no viewpoints. Just simple, straightforward, algorithmic, fun math!

• Couldn't of described it better.. honestly. Did you take that offer?

• oh yah I accepted the offer lol worked there for over 2 years! Then I had to quit because of college :(

• I was okay with math, liked it more than not, but geometry is my bane

• Can't say that I love it, but I was always good at it. Linear algebra is one of the easiest classes you'll take. Diff-e is also pretty straight forward.

• I used to like math a lot, and was good at it. Now I'm just good at googling equations and letting matlab do them for me..

• I like parts of it, but I'm not a fan of other bits. Obviously I prefer the stuff I can do, and has that satisfying feeling after you finish one, you know what I mean?

One could say that mathematicians are the only people to truly know anything for certain.

• Yeah I love it. Going to school for biochemical engineering so I'll be doing math for the rest of my life.

• I love math! I suggest taking more math! It get much more fun when you get to a high level pure math, like Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra, Differential Geometry, Complex Analysis, and so on. So much beauty to explore and study! :D

• are you a chem major those are the math classes i was required to take.

• Eeeeek. I never liked math to begin with.. Good thing the feeling is mutual...

• It's MATHS not math.

• Relative to other subjects, yeah, but I'm not gonna get a boner when asked to solve derivatives.

• I love (d) maths too. I was a natural at it I'm school and uni.

• I always get A+ in math I LOVE it and I am food at it thank god

• Oh yes, real analysis was one of my favourites. Passed that with flying colours.

• I hate math

• I could love math if if I were to understand it! Only when you master something you actually enjoy doing it. Math is not my strongest and I'm not even in cal yet, I'm barely in algebra 2.

• I loved it at school, but at university I just can't be bothered with it. I'm studying computer science and we have way too much math

• Think you guys have a little less than us engineering majors right?

• I'm not sure, we seem to do every math lesson possible :P But we definitely do less physics