Another techy question:?

how can I add music to my ipod touch from iTunes on my new laptop without deleting everything currently saved on to the ipod? I've already tried googling it. it's been 2 hours searching. I want to cry/scream/break something. :'(

side note: fuck you apple!

I figured this one out! just drag songs into a playlist (:

Most Helpful Guy

• Umm crap this is possible... trying to remember how I did it back in 07. I think I took the MP3 files (got them from youtube or other sites), put them on the device, found them on the device while ITUNES was open and then it auto-converted them into aac files or whatever the format it is. Ya know so it would be playable on the IPOD.

• It's a way to get past that "auto-sync + delete everything that ya already had on your ipod BS". I think that was how I did it up-there >_<

• Your method, mine or? ^_^

• neither. I'm going to try jailbreaking it

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't. Your iPod or anything that uses iTunes to sync music can only be linked with one library. You can't integrate multiple libraries on one device.

The best you can do is just use the playlists you currently have to provide a list of songs you listen to frequently so you can re-download or re-sync almost identical playlists.

• how do I change to a new library? my old laptop stop working awhile ago.

• I'd still have to delete everything first. some of my music is from small indie bands who gave me free downloads years ago. I have no way of getting those songs now. I'm trying to avoid losing them

• delete everything first from what? try getting the songs off of youtube, where there may be uploaded. Other than that, let this be a lesson that you should frequently do backups to your music library because an ipod is not designed to be used as a storage device of any sort.

What Guys Said 3

• That's the reason I'll never touch anything Apple. A law unto themselves, and compatibility is crap!

• ok, well that's not really helpful

• I have all the music I want. I'm trying to put it on my ipod

• May not be possible, as it may be blocked by DRM. Other people may know better, as I'm not an Apple person. Can you add music from other sources? Or is it all blocked?

• Considering it's Apple there is a fifteen step guide to this. Each step costs $5.

• Not very familiar with apple, so.. does it have a usb cable or something?

• yes.

• hmm. ok. you have no idea what you're talking about. it used to be that easy. not anymore

• As I said not an Apple user.

What Girls Said 0