Do you think I should stop being friends with a woman that keeps on trying to pressure me to do something I don't want to do?

She won't stop, trying to pressure me to do weed, when I told her so MANY times no. Also a lot of times when I talk to her she interrupts me and not even listen to what I am saying. She considers me her friend yet she keeps on trying to pressure me and yet keeps on interrupting me a lot when I have convos with her. So disrespectful. She has issues. She does weed or drinks every single day, or does cigarettes every single day, or she takes certain pills that is not even prescribed to her that she isn't supposed to take. I try to help her, but her addiction to weed, etc. is bad. She told me she started doing this stuff a lot after her break up with her girlfriend in late 2013. She still hasn't gotten over it, I try to tell her to try to move on, etc. yet she can't. She is 23 by the way. I tried to help her change. Also another thing, is she has a problem having crushs on she barely knows and that she knows that are taken. I told her, she shouldn't have crushes on women she doesn't know well enough and that are taken. I told her that is wrong, she says she knows, but she can't help it. She told me how couple of years ago she got involved with a 48 year old married woman that is a professor and she knew that woman was married. She told me how she met her husband and she felt bad getting involved with a married woman. I told her how it is wrong she did that and I can tell she felt bad, but I have a feeling if a taken woman wanted to get involved with her again she would go along with it again because of her issues. I try to help her with advice, but it is not taking effect.

• Dude, you should stop being friends with her since she keeps on trying to pressure you to do weed, to take pills, or try a cigarette, when you told her no so many times and cause she doesn't respect you if she interrupts you a lot when you are talking to her and she doesn't listen.
  • Keep on being friends with her, just ignore the pressuring, and just don't let her interrupting you bother her.
  • I don't know.
What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A
    It sounds like you have done everything you can to be a good friend and it doesn't seem as though she respects you. I'm sorry, but I would say she is not a good friend and it's probably time to move on besides it might me better for her to help her get everything together. I hope this helped and good luck :)

• @RowanGunn yeah. Since I am a good person I try to help people out. Like many times she pays attention to me and listens to me and doesn't interrupt me but many times she does. Like many times when I talk to her about what I did in the day or whatever she all of a sudden interrupts and starts talking about something else. She does have family problems and an addiction to weed, etc. but that it is no excuse for her to pressure me so much and that is no excuse for her to interrupt me a lot doing conversations, do you agree?

• I think your right

What Girls Said 1

• She doesn't respect you or your wishes. She's not a true friend I don't think. I'd stop talking to her especially since you've had the same convo many times.

• @Jaye234 true. I told her like so many times to stop trying to pressure me to do weed. Also, what do you think about her interrupting me a good amount of times and just starts talking about something else? I think that is messed up.

• @Jaye234 did you read my last message?

• Yes I did just now. Yep I think you're doing the right thing by ending your friendship with her. You'll meet new people that have morals like you. Go to church even if you're not Christian I'm sure you've got someplace you can worship and find like minded people even if they are older.

What Guys Said 4

• She's just trying to loosen up that sphincter of yours...

• Friends don't pressure friends into doing shit.

• If it's a persistent thing you need to cut her off. She's not getting the message, leave her to destroy her own life and not take you down with her.

• It is a persistent thing, but that isn't the only problem. The problem is her interrupting me a lot, etc. Do you agree that is messed up for her to interrupt a lot and not pay attention a lot to what I say?

• Yeah she basically sounds like an overall bad friend to have.

• Yeah man, I am going to stop being friends with her.