Are you scared of airplanes?

• very
  • somewhat
  • neutral
  • not at all

Most Helpful Guy

• Its weird, I fly more then 90% of other people and I am still terrified every time I get on a plane. Maybe its the cramped spaces, the having to sit up straight for hours on end, or the fact that we are 30,000 feet in the air, but something about planes utterly terrifies me. I have a 12 hour flight to Tokyo next month and I am really dreading that. I dont know if you have been on long plane rides, but they are awful for people like me that hate flying. I took a 16 hour flight to Hong Kong and the entire time I was sitting straight up in my chair staring at the TV and trying not to think about the fact that I was in a plane. The guy next to me asked me at least twice if I was alright because we hit some turbulence (some of the worst turbulence I have ever seen) and I almost freaked out. I would have thought I would have gotten used to flying since I fly from the US to Asia several times a year, but nope, 4 years of doing this and I still am terrified of flying. Whether its a 1 hour flight or a 16 hour flight I hate every minute of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone who has to travel by plane at least a minimum of 6 times a year I just learned to grow being neutral. The airport is my second home. But there's always a tiny negative thought in the back of the head that is easily ignored.

What Guys Said 19

• Not at all. Actually the moment I step onto an Air New Zealand aircraft I feel relaxed because of the fact they are such a great airline and won the world's best airline awards a number of times now. Then there is also the great customer service that you get from them to.

• C Neutral.

Lets just put it this way... If it relies on a computer, if it drops like a rock when the engine dies, then I'm not getting on it.

• Nope I have flown them before commercial one with my dad

• No, but I don't like them.

• Of course just look at it. Plotting
    joeforamerica.com/.../airplane-scare.jpg

• Not really. In fact, I was pursuing my private pilot license a while back, but it got too expensive. So, I'm waiting until I can make enough to pay for it.

• I'm not scared of planes. I'm not scared of flying. I am however scared of falling. So when I do fly I'm white knuckling it.

• Never been on one, so I don't know.

• No but I'm scared of flying and dying to my death

• No I'm not.

• nope i love flying

• Not unless they were flying over and dropping bombs on me.

• I love flying, so much. It's great to be up there, no one can call me, I can just kick back and relax, plus statistically speaking, you're safer in a plane.

I've lost count of how many flights I've taken!

• I love airplanes, airports and everything which has to do with it... but I hate flying :P

• I've never been in one except when I was a baby, but I'm sure I'd find no fear in it.

• Do I hate them? Yes.
    Am I scared? Not at all.

• Not scared but if there are other option i go for that option

• Not all I just hate the ear popping it hurts!!!

• I am forbidden to fly them due to a tinnitus injury (ringing in ears) that resulted from my ears not being able to equalize the pressure.

Know how much it sucks to only be able to drive, take a boat or a train? It's not fun I can assure you.

What Girls Said 14

• A little bit. I know they're relatively safe so I'm not very scared, but there's a part of me that still overthinks shit and all the scenarios about the plane crashing that could possibly happen. It is scary in a way, but it doesn't stop me from getting on them. What I do absolutely hate about planes though is the fact that my left ear always hurts. It's terrible. I'm scared of that pain.

• Well, I'm terrified of flying so, yeah. Just the thought of it freaks me out so I never want to even get on an airplane. Lol

• No, I've taken the plane more than 60 times in my lifetime, it would be inconvenient to be scared of planes :p
    But I admit that during the take off I always say a prayer or 2 haha

• I don't like the feel of it!!!

• Somewhat, but I still go on them. I'm not terrified if I'm just going interstate, but if I'm going overseas 😰 OMG! Lol no I'll be alright 😬

• I haven't had much experience flying, but I was fine on the two flights I've been on. I'm pretty neutral.

• Yep. Not scared of flying but the sheer GIANTness of airplanes terrifies me. They're HUGE.

• Even with being afraid of heights I'm still not scared of flying.

• No not really

• yes, I mean how can a thousand pound of steel fly up in the air?

• I'm scared of them but I also really love them

• No, not at all. I have flown (as a passenger) a lot in my life time. I wouldn't mind getting my own private pilot's license some day.

• Yes yes yes

• No not at all...