Do you believe in a Hereafter?

What happens after death? Do our souls die when our bodies die too? Will we never be reunited with the ones we love on the other side?
Do you think there's heaven and hell?

• Yes I do
  • No you only live once

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I absolutely do believe and I've got every reason to believe. I've had several experiences. When my dad was getting ready to pass away he saw relatives that had past away before him. And my mom also saw her mom who past away before her. I've also gotten signs from them particularly my mom since she past away. I smelled a flowery smell twice before my mom past away once at the hospital before the doctor came in and told her cancer had returned and again just before she past away 5 months later. I also smelled flowers recently before we lost our pet just before she passed away. And there's several more different encounters I have had as well and I know there is life after death.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I do. It is only logical. But in my opinion to believe in this concept fully you gotta first have to have a belief in a God.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes I'm religious

• It's an interesting question and my views on this change from time to time. Currently I'm thinking that what you call soul and what I call consciousness are the same thing. Consciousness seems to be just an electrical and chemical reaction within the brain, so I think when your brain dies, so do you. Then again, maybe you come back as another person with no memory of your previous life? I don't have a clear idea of this stuff.

• So may questions, all pretty much answered with "no."

There is no evidence for a soul, no afterlife etc

That is why living this life to it's fullest is so important.

• Yes, but I could also say that there is no evidence for no afterlife! And believing in a hereafter does not mean not living life to the fullest.

• Honestly people aren't waiting for a random lad to say what's rational or not so this is pointless when you're too stubborn to accept different views. :D You don't hold the ultimatum knowledge. No questioning in life is extremely stupid. I prefer to stick to the physical reasoning of uncertainty.

• You asked a question of random people, and then get upset about my answer and have the gall to call me stubborn?

Do you honestly expect someone to buy your argument that since their is no proof that it does not exist that it is best to believe that it is real?

• I think no but it's possible that there is. If thwre is I don't think it will be like heaven and hell or any bs like that. I think it would be similar to Plato's Allegory of the Cave and death in a way releases us. This is all just speculation of course and I'm not counting on it but it's fun to think about

• I never saw Plato's Allegory of the Cave from this angle to be honest!

• 100 percent. this has been the reason for the way i live my life, and what i value.

if you think about the afterlife, its forever. everything in this life is but a breath.

this makes me forcus on relationships than to have that cruel, cold, and caluculated opportunistic mind as i value human life no matter what their social worth.

i beleive this is how God sees it so i try to conform to that truth.

• Sure I do, I am a Christian.

• I believe that when you die, you govto a hole in the ground. Nothing more complicated than that. The idea of heaven is for people who can't handle death.

• I belive in an afterlife

• I wish it exists but my bones will probably just rot in the dirt and I'll be gone forever

• How the hell would I know?

• Souls return to the Spirit World.

• None of the above, I believe in reincarnation.

• I want to believe that there's an afterlife.

What Girls Said 4

• I think we use to be other people in other bodies and keep dying and reappearing.

• That is very interesting!

• Well, it's something I think about.

• @AnOrdinaryGirl45 yeah either that or I am begin stalked by a ghost!

• I am uncertain, to be honest.

• yes, but I don't believe in heaven or hell. and do believe in reincarnation

• Yeah I do.