Underwire and airport security?

I'm going on flight soon. Is it ok to wear an underwire bra through airport security? i dont really want to get felt up by some security gaurd just for being confterble.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have flown around 20 times within these last 5 years, and never had an issue with my underwire bra. Only one of those times was I chosen to go through the large scanning machine, but it's nothing to it. Just put your feet where it says, your hands where it says and stand still until it's done. Otherwise I just went the regular metal detector. No one touched me on any of the times I went through security.

What Guys Said 1

• It's for your own security, they say...

• yea i know right. trust me underwire is there for security

What Girls Said 3

• You should be fine, but don't wear jeans or a belt. I usually wear leggings or yoga pants to fly. I can't go without an underwire bra, so I am an expert. You might have to take your shoes or boots off.

• The effects of the metal are additive so if you don't wear anything with rivets, you should be fine.

• thanks, it went fine. i would have been hating life without underwire. kinda wish i new about the jeans and belt thing ahead of time i would have been much more comfortable.

• It's fine. All my bras are under wired and I'm usually fine. Sometimes I beep and they use that stick thingy and it shows up fine.

• confterble = comfortable

Not even close lol :P

• i dont know whats wrong with my spell check.

"not even close" for security or are you making fun of my spelling?

• Making fun of your spelling lol :P

As for the under wire, most are actually made of plastic and if it is metal they will just use the wand and be able to tell what it is with that. You probably won't need to be patted down or anything...