Do you think that Russians are nice or mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of the Russians I've known have been very nice, generous, kind, welcoming, etc. I've known a bunch, too; Russian was my first foreign language. :) There are exceptions in every society and culture, of course.

As in the USA, but in a different way, Russian social and cultural life is these days being shaped (negatively for the most part) by very biased, propagandistic media. This is unfortunate and will continue to stand in the way of more open-minded engagement with the outside world, for both countries, I think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rude and obnoxious. At least from my experience. Latvia is full of them.

• How else do you expect them to act towards traitors?

• @cavmanier
      "Also a lot of countries have gained independence while under the control of other nations"
      I am pretty sure 100% of them did. You can't get independance if you are already independant 😊

• @JuicyBrain I meant countries that weren't controlled "gained independence while under the control of other nations."

I'm not sure the exact term for the country while under Russian rule but they were a country before and after from what I understand. I think Russia kind of occupied it like eastern Germany.

What Guys Said 37

• I have to live with Russians and I'd say that mostly they're fine people. Friendly even. They have a sense of comraderie. But some of them, urlas we call them, can be the worst scum you'll ever meet.

Oh and Eugene don't bother answering please. I ain't got time for your bigotted shit.

• Russians are different, Chinese are different, Egyptians are different, Mexicans are different etc.

• I think they are strong... i'll never take on a Russian girl... not to mention the dudes... actually.. the girls are stronger than the dudes lol...
    they are a wild bunch though, would like to party with em.

• Nice when you get to know them.

I'm Eastern Orthodox and so spend a lot of time around Russians. As an outsider being a Mexican-American, I've found it interesting to observe them and learn about their culture. The impression I get is that they seem to be very clan-like--close to those within the clan but wary of those outside it. Despite being different, I think I've made it into the clan and thus I can say they are pretty nice people. Again, they're just wary of outsiders after years of the big-brother-is-watching Soviet culture that they suffered under. The Cold War stigma toward them in America hasn't made it better either.

• Depends on a person, just like any other nation, some of them are probably good people, while some are just jerks.

• I think the leader is hard core mean. The people can be nice and they can work with you the chicks are super hot.

• As usual: some are nice, others are mean. Others are in between, because they're all just human. Didn't you know that?

• Some Russians r nice, I've experienced. Some are WAY too prideful to be Russian. Some r just dickheads

• All of the Russians I've met have not been fond of black people. I haven't met all Russian people, but their anecdotal record with me is really bad thus far.

• yeah most russians are racist. but im one of those russians that is more open minded and get along with black people perfectly (:

• I get this idea that Russians are mean and always hostile. However its not the truth I know. And their girls are extremely comely!

• I really can't say I know some like some of the people in their government are quiet bad but Russians as a race or people *shrugs* no clue I've never met any in real life, don't know if I ever will or not.

• I don't know, Don't even want to thinking about them, But the girls are pretty, Their policy is simply disaster!

• they are like anyone else but culture is different and a lot of them are a bit less refined. I've dated some and befreinded many

• They can be both yeah?

• Majority of Russians that I have encountered were friendly. I can only recall two Russian assholes

• I think that depends on the individual and how much they like you.

• I've only been friends with one Russian.
    He was a pretty cool bastard.
    Not a clue about the rest though.

• I know Russians can be quite homophobic. So, some are pretty damn rude.

• As someone whose studied Russian for the past 2 years from Russians, they can be either like regular people. Most people just think they're mean because they don't show emotion that much, but that doesn't mean they don't feel

• More rude than nice compared to other nationalities.
    But in general they're nice.
    I'd say it's just direct.

• Don't know any.

• Russian girls are nice. Russian dudes are dicks. Of course we don't have a large Russian population and my opinion is based mostly on what the women have told me.

• They are pretty nice people from the ones that I know. :D. I wish they would be more open with me though. :P. They always can seem to be very reserved. ;).

• i am a russian, so i can say with the most certainty - yes, they are all mean

yeah, ok, maybe not... but it seems to me most are nice

• . Russians are awesome people. I have a huge amount of respect for Russia.

• Some are saints some are reprehensible monsters, most are in between

• mean. they're racists.

• Most are in the mafia so probably not

• I've met a few Russian women who were nice.

• Can be either, as with just about every ethnicity.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 23

• I met Russian girl and she was really nice, she tried to teach me how to write some words in Russian but I failed completely.

I've always they are very strong, very crazy and good drinkers. I didn't know about their patriotism until I met Eugene, Russian gager.

I don't think they're bad or good. Because some are good, some are bad, same with every country in the world.

• Really depends on region and age.

I've met some fellow Russians that I absolutely despised while others were lovely.

I grew up to be very "unRussian" in a lot of ways, so I'd probably be a bad example. But if you wanna have a poor opinion of us, you're welcome to read some of my comments on GAG.😉😂

• Never met any Russian but I am sure most of them are nice.

• I don't know, the few ones I met were kind of racist...

• I never meet one to judge!

• i have no feelings about russians because i don't know any.

• Let me tarnish those feeling by saying hello.✌

• Yeah, Google translate isn't the most reliable as it translated butts specifically into cigarette butts, lol.

• LOLL aw man, busted 🙈 @maskedsanity

• Well it really depends on the person not the country. People think Russia is bad from the movies and games and Putin. But just because Russia has a president that other people call mean does not mean all the people will be. Thats like saying if Trump became president people would say "Is everyone in america rich and crazy?" No.

• I am Russian and I would say compared to some other nationalities some Russians can be very rude. I wouldn't say all because everyone is different here but typically its normally the men who can be very rude, Russian women can be rude too of course but a lot of people from other nationalities have felt that Russian men was less friendly and easygoing compared to Russian women

• im mostly russian, and yeah some of us are really nice, but honestly most are racist aff. and the older generation is too traditional. yeah we love vodka, thats not just a stereotype, but we're also hardworking people. i love being russian but honestly i can't STANDD some russian people, especially guys. but we all do have like some kind of special bond, russians usually stick together.

• They're funny as fuck. That's what I think. And the language is hot as hell.

• Very close minded, i dislike their culture, they are still stuck in the 19th century while the while the west is ahead of them.

• I would imagine it depends on the individual. My economics instructor was Russian and she was really nice. I've heard Russians can be iffy about outsiders but it seems very few groups aren't.

• Personally I've only met a few but they were incredibly nice. I know as a rule they are pretty violent and unaccepting of my religeon though. But I think that most people in most countries are still good people.

• I have never met any, so I couldn't say. Putin doesn't seem trustworthy.

• crazy. from my experience with several

• Nice but tough. I think.

• I've never met one in real life. So I can't say if they are or aren't.

• The ones I met are cool and good to party with

• It all depends in how you treat us.

• most of the russians i've met put up a tough front but once you break it they were really kind.

• They are nice people.

• the movies make them seem a bit mean. Rocky anyobody remember the movie?

• The man I've started casually seeing came from a Russian family and works with hundreds if Russians, every year. From what I've seen, in getting to know him, he is sweet and opinionated. With very strong views, intelligent, fun and someone who I am very grateful to have met.