Have You Been Asked if You're a Guy or Girl?

When I was younger, about ten or so, a shop assistant asked my stepmother if her son had any preferences after finding out I was looking to spend birthday money on a toy. I wasn't a boy. I still am not a boy.

I was walking through an almost empty classroom to get to the canteen when I was in yr eight. There were two year twelve boys sitting by the door. They asked me if I was a guy or girl (I was in the sports uniform) and when I said girl and left I heard one guy say 'poor thing sounded too used to answering that question.'

I was such a cute kid, and I guess I'm pretty good looking now beneath the pimples, but I do have an admittedly boyish face. It doesn't help that I keep my hair short and walk around in jeans and hoodies that do an unintended good job at hiding my breasts.
So I get misgendered a pretty decent amount.

I wanna know if anyone else runs into this same thing?
I won't call it a problem because I don't really care if someone mis genders me. I'm just curious how many other people it happens to.

• I'm a boy. I've been asked.
  • I'm a boy. I haven't been asked.
  • I'm a girl. I've been asked.
  • I'm a girl. I haven't been asked.
  • Results.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but in highschool I did the whole emo thing, straight hair skinny jeans etc, and these two girls behid me were arguing whether I was a guy or a girl. Then I moved my head and one of them saw my face and said that I clearly had a guy gave. I would've been mad but then they said I was cute

Most Helpful Girl

• No, apparently even as a baby everyone could tell I was a girl. My brother, on the other hand, was called a girl, and lady a few times. It was when he was young, like around 10, he was chubby with long hair and big blue eyes. A lot of people thought he was a girl.

What Guys Said 9

• In gag, many people are suspicious of catfishes because them idiot guys make a side account or a fake account for no apparent reason...

• Pleeeenty of times.
    I'm short, I wear bracelets, I wear skinny jeans, I have a very feminine/young looking face so sometimes little kids or people online ask if I'm a guy or a girl.

• I'd be one ugly woman.

• I was yeah when i was younger and had gone through the phase of long hair, pretty much got asked every time any me of my sisters when out since we mostly look roughly the same. : )

• Yeah I've been confused for a girl when I was younger and had longer hair.

• I remember I was wearing a pink lrg shirt and some pretty Asian girl thought I was a dike

• I did back when i was like 15-16. I was trying to grow an afro, but the length of hair in between the time made me look more girly lol...

• Yeah because I have very long hair, many people don't seem to realise guys can have long hair :P Even though I have a big beard

• It's just too risky

What Girls Said 8

• People have been calling me a boy since I was a newborn baby (my mom told me she would have pink bows in my hair and ear studs, but pl still called me a boy Lol) , up to the time I was 6. I hated it and it made me feel weird. Of course, my body hit puberty by the age of 7... already had rounder hips, a little pair of boobs etc. People couldn't mistake me for a boy ever again.

• I'm a girl. I haven't been asked.

• lol a lot by the kids in my karate class! i got small boobs, (the baggy gi doesn't help either), short hair that i usually pull back into a pony tail, and i sometimes speak in a lower voice when i'm trying to talk loudly to them. other than that no one really asks but i've gotten the occasional odd look because i usually dress in jeans and a sweater and hang out with guys.

• My Gi was never really that baggy. I never got a summer one so in the summer id be boiling and the sweat would make the material stick to me. No mistaking anything then XD

• lol our material's pretty loose stuff. it doesn't help that i wear a tank top underneath because it slides all over

• I have never been asked that question. Not even when I was little.

• I haven't been asked.

• No i haven't been asked.

• Back in my first year of high school it happened.

• I'm a girl. I haven't been asked.