Guys, how many of you feel lonely?

I I just watched this Buzzfeed video where they had guys admit their true feelings of loneliness. Do any of you feel this way? Why?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I do.

Guys of a certain age specifically, between around 27/28 to 34/35 seem to fit into a very difficult space in history. It's been a time that we were born and raised as young boys in a world that was very adamantly set on a course to follow and adhere to the traditional way of things which meant very specific roles for men and women going forward.

As we grew up though almost all of these traditional values seemed to change drastically and it's ultimately left us very confused, pretty hurt and largely incapable of dealing adequately with our feelings and emotions, which of course, was severely frowned upon from the traditional perspective.

We still hold very dear to our hearts the traditional value of women and her place in our lives and we very, very much wish to continue with many of these values and to teach them and their importance to our sons going forward. Values like good manners, respect and sincere appreciation for women and their importance in our lives both individually and in society as a collective.

We are now stuck in a position that we are now expected to first disprove all of the negative connotations associated with being a man, before we can even start to hope of proving our genuine worth and value in a world that requires an immediate answer and simply won't wait around for us to figure it all out. With the result we so much more often than not tend towards our most base response, that of anger, which in turn further isolates and alienates us from not only the very women in whose lives we so wish to be a part of but also from the men around us that may be able to see our deficiencies and point us in the right direction to possible at least start to work on the solutions to these problems rather than just feel so hopelessly inadequate.

Hopefully more and more of us will find our way back into the general fray of things and some sort of understanding may start to develop.

Personally I feel that we're ultimately all on the same team here and we need each other vastly more than we will readily admit to anyone let alone each other and both men and women are supremely guilty of, for lack of a better way of putting it, flat out resentment towards each other, that neither side is willing to see the situation for what it is, accept the other sides shortcomings for what they are and show that person that they do in fact have some support available.

It'll take genuinely big strides and honestly mature attitudes from all of us to fix

• Thank you so much for selecting my opinion as the most helpful :D

It's also my first MHO which makes it quite fun too :P

What Guys Said 34

• I dont. #1 I have hobbies. Over 7 of them, a career to pursue, a job, websites to run, learning new stuff. 2# my mind set us basically on finding and loving me for me and building a future. I know its hard. Out here so im not going be a father who just work for people i want to be a father where people work for me. #3 i dont mund being alone. Sometimes if you escape drama or other peoples problems then its best to be alone for the day and calm yourself. I can go on. I am basically or probably too busy to be worring about being alone.

• I have a feeling of loneliness deep in my heart. Simply because I lack of confidence and have a low self-esteem which makes it harder for me to approach girls easily. Thus, when I had the courage to do and ask out a girl it resulted that she was already taken.

I took a big shot with this one. I've never dated in my 23 years, so it would be a lie to tell you that I don't feel a little lonely.

I do have hobbies, and stuffs to do but when you lack of love you feel a little putting apart. It is hard to express such feelings.

I guess that I'll have to deal with it, and eventually see where my life will go.

• That would be an accurate description of me from the beginning of 1987 to the summer of 1995.

Then again in 2003- 2004 as my first marriage was falling apart.

In January of 2005 I met the woman I would eventually marry. I met her on eHarmony. I haven't felt lonely since then.

@GraySailorsBride and I have been happily married since June of 2006. The honeymoon continues...

• I think it's so cute how you somehow always mention her in your posts. Very happy for the both of you 💕

• I have been a loner and never dated. There are aspects of relationships I would like to experience, but I think I am now at a place where stuff like that no longer matters. I still fund myself still wanting the same things in life that I wanted as a kid: learning to fly airplanes, and doing what I want. I don't have that yet, nor a good job, so I can change my loneliness even if I wanted to. You need to be successful as a person for a woman to like you, or want to continue with you

• Yes I do. I don't have a girlfriend and I feel I am loosing all my female friends. :'(

• Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. I know how you feel though

• Everyone goes through heartbreak, usually more than once in their life. You should never give up on love though, think positive and positive things will come

• Yeah. I have just had so many women laugh at me, scowl and frown at me, I had a woman call me a creep just for saying hi to her when I was introduced to her, women gang up on me, laugh with their friends in front of me and much more. I do not mean to be offensive but I just have trouble trusting women these days because of it. I don't want to be like this but I just feel broken.

• No. I have before, especially when I move to a new state when I don't know many people or anyone (which has happened 3 times). But I just build a circle of friends, stay in touch with great friends, date, and life is good you know?

• On the whole, young men tend to be sadder and lonelier than young women. For girls, the 20s are a fun time, however guys that age don't have great income or career prospects. This is also the period when they are most likely to be single. Over time, guys' happiness seems to go up, until sometime in middle age it overtakes women's happiness. This is according to studies anyway, and the study of happiness is very subjective.

• Very lonely but I've started to become used to it since its all I've ever known.

• I think it's quite easy to feel lonely, but if you don't focus on yourself in such a way, or you have things to keep your mind occupied, it can be quite easy to avoid feeling lonely as well.

It can take practice though.

• yup. I cry sometimes. I see so many just, bad people get the girl. drug dealers and users. it makes me think. "Wow. I'm I really worse than those guys?" then my insecurities start eating me alive. but after a good cry and sleep, I wake up feeling a lot better.

• I do, constantly. It's because I'm 22 and have never had a girlfriend, and still don't have a girlfriend. It doesn't look like it's gonna change either, so that also doubles the loneliness.

• Nah, I'm quite happy with my current situation.

• me being on this site is a symbol of that, or heavy procrastination, i really gotta get back 2 studyin tho, fuc im out

• I feel lonely from time to time. Dat dere single life.

• Yeah I am really lonely I am actually thinking about wanting to be with a woman now.

• I'm lonely all the time but I'm not afraid to admit it.

• Yes I often do

• Sometimes I do. Like anybody.

Currently on vaccation with the lads.
    Not too lonely yea.

• Not really.

• I normally am. I have no friends to hang out with and I spend just about every single day by myself.

• I wish I could be lonely (temporarily). The only privacy I have is when I use the bathroom.

• Yes because I'm 24 and can't get a girlfriend

• I do. I'm introverted, but sometimes I really long for company.

• Lonely? Yaaaaa but I think I do a good job of suppressing it. It just want a girl I'm attracted to to call my own but I don't have the outgoing personality to pull it off 😩

• I do. I am a shy guy struggling with trauma. I can get very deppresed a lot

• am here usually when lonely

• You get used to it. That's just life as a man.

• Can you link the video?

• its saying my opinion is too long ugh so go to their Facebook just search Buzzfeed Video and it should be on the profile

• I am super lonely and depressed.

No friends, girlfriend, nothing. I just go to college and spend my day being at home or walking by the beach completely alone.

I'm surprised there's a shit ton of guys who feel the same way. I thought i was in the minority.

• That sucks but I am glad that you've realized that you're not alone

• I do. I always thought that getting a career and finding a great job would allow me to pursue a woman and offer her good commodities. But none of that helped, I still can't find that woman.

• More from Guys
    4