Can my friend sue me?

We were in a car accident a little over a month ago. Another girl pulled out in front of us and hit head on - I was driving. She admitted it was her fault and it's on a police report. I also am covered by insurance.

The thing is my friend's family had tried to convince her to sue me. She's not, of course, but they are money hungry and I'm worried. I'm nineteen and in college. Me nor my family can afford to get sued. I'm scared. Is this possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• If she is your real friend she won't. That family is in the wrong, then again however she shouldn't lie. She could actually get in trouble with an obstruction of justice charge, or something to that nature. That is just speculation but suing you will do more harm than good.

Most Helpful Girl

• In america anything is possible! money hungry? haha isn't everyone?

What Guys Said 7

• You had no fault in that accident, even the other girl admitted it was her fault, I don't understand what your friend's family wanna sue you for.

• It is possible. When I was in high school we had a couple of girls get in a car accident, the passengers family sued for medical expenses. It tore the two families apart. The parents had been friends. They didn't sue to get rich, they sued to cover medical expenses that they could not afford.

• It wasn't your fault to begin with, so you have nothing to worry about.

• U won't really have anything to fear, u won't have to pay any money for a lawyer, they'll give u one.

• If you're not liable the they can't sue you big she does, your insurance will defend you

• I work in insurance and this is the kind of think I do on a daily basis.

• If she admitted it was her fault and its on police report, i doubt that they will win in a court case.

• She would not be directly suing you and you would not be affected at all.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it's not possible for you to get sued. It's clearly not your fault and your friend sounds like a harrible person.

• It would be kind of pointless to try and sue now. However, If she was in pain after the accident I believe she can file a no fault claim which doesn't sue you directly it's more through your insurance which would cover medical bills and lost wages.