Do you let older people pull the age card on you?

Everybodies life experience is different. A 60 year old raised in the suburbs is not going to have the life experience of a 20 year old raised on the mean streets of the inner city but that won't stop that 60 year old telling that 20 year old that they are three times their age and they should listen to them. A 20 year old can also have had a very dramatic life experiencing devastating events and the 60 year old may have had a very uneventful life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't stand when people use age against me. They have no idea what my life is like yet they do it anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• I always say that there is no direct correlation between age and wjsdom. Also that respect must be earned and age isn't commanding of respect and any on who says different only does because whenthey were young they couldn't get any respect so now they try to cheat their way to being respected.

What Girls Said 2

• First off! For as long as I am human , grown and breathing; NOBODY! will cut me off and tell me I need to listen. I respect my elders but there are many walks of life out here, so I get the ( I've been through it and here longer than you have) speach but I've been through it too, so don't tell me about me.

• Even so, they might have some really useful advice that may come in handy at any point in life. I have made some comments on here and there are some who tend to disregard whatever I have to say just because of my age. "Yeah? Well what do you know? You're just a kid. How about you name me the constitutions of America and I'll admit that I'm wrong" Nothing to do with the topic whatsoever and im not even American to begin with. Petition to label them as Age-ist.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should respect your elders regardless.