Do you support hunting for sport?

Please explain your vote,

thanks!

• Yes
  • No
Bonus for animal lovers, if you don't want to watch the entire video you can see the cub at 5:30 mins into the video. 😻

http://video.nationalgeographic.com

1119

Most Helpful Guy

• no, animals are my friends

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 18

• I said yes, but only in the sense that you eat what you kill... Like deer hunting, u could just go but meat at the store, so its technically just sport... But i dont beleive in killing something, taking a selfie with the kill, then walking off... Thats bad juju

• Okay, but I was referring to hunting for sport not for survival. 😉

• Yes bad juju 👍🏻

• Hear hear. You kill it; you eat it. I don't care what it is. Even the snakes and squirrels. But ya, not for survival but because it's fun.

• I think anyone who finds joy in taking a life is a psychopath.

• No. Never.

• I spent many years growing up as an avid hunter and outdoorsman. However, once I graduated high school I didn't have the time for it. I think that hunting is still a good thing, even though I don't necessarily participate in it anymore. But I also believe that wildlife needs to be monitored closely to ensure that people follow the rules and don't hurt the population of the animal being hunted. For example I would much rather a see a deer be taken legally by sport, rather than dead at the side of the road after being hit by a vehicle.

• No, no, no... I feel for animals, unfortunately we don't let them live as they want. At least we should stop killing them just for fun.

• I'd like to try some day.

• Of course I do.
    Regulated hunting is endorsed and supported by all environmental organizations for its various benefits.

I don't support poaching, obviously.

• In animal overpopulated areas, I do. But not like the hunting they do for elephants, rhinos and others with species that will soon be rare to be found

• yeah why not

• I used to hunt wild buck and an array of animals with a spear back home, though that was to use as sustenance.

I suppose I don't support hunting animals for sport. Especially if it's anything like what happens to seals in Canada.

• I hunt for food and I support hunting nuisance animals (coyotes, hogs, etc)
    But I'm definitely not a fan of trophy hunting.

• A endangered rhino that was sick was bid on for a hunter to kill it, to prevent the spread of what it had. The money made paid for a group of Army soldiers to follow the last herd of 8 rhinos from poachers.

• No but I support hunting for survival though

• No. I don't

• by sport do you mean profit

• I mean for the thrill of killing and tacking the head of an animal on your wall. Poachers are an evil breed on their own.

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• everyone should watch the fox hunting episode of futurama, i believe, its very educational

• Hey watch your steps, I am DVM student stop making problems for us or I will hunt you down.

• DVM student?

• Doctor of Veterinary and Animal sciences.

• I left medical school for a vet collage because of burden of studies and its even more worse here I am regretting my decision.

• no, it should be banned.

What Girls Said 10

• Hunting for survival is fine - that is, you kill the animal humanely and use every part of it for something that will help you live. There's a lot of civilizations who continue to live that way in this day and age. That's fine and it's how humans and animals have lived since the beginning of time.

If you're just parading around the forest with a rifle or crossbow, shooting things, taking pictures of it, mounting the carcasses as trophies, or just leaving it there, then no. That's not hunting, that's just killing animals and saying you went hunting for a few hours because you want to brag about it on Facebook or something.

Same goes for fishing.

• Yeah sure why not? Maybe instead of killing we could just make a weapon that won't kill just tag them or something!

• I don't because the animals being hunted should be left alone to live their lives on earth, whatever time they have left.

• No. I don't support the killing of animals for any purpose.

• In our modern day there really is no need to slaughter animals for any reason so I completely agree with you. 👍🏻

• Only if we count humans as animals as well. Haha jk.

But no. I don't mind, I actually prefer, people hunting for food. But out of necessity. I don't like people hunting just for trophies. Especially the sweet elephants just for their tusks :/

• As long as everything being killed is being eaten.

• I don't think it should be banned. But those who choose to hunt for sport should do so with the ecosystem's best interest in mind. Overhunting of a certain population is definitely something to avoid.

• Yeah sure but certain animals

• No I love animals.

• No it isn't nice, you might as well hunt humans for sport too :(