So I want to make another attempt to join the military but how can I get prepared physically?

A year and a half or a little more than that I swore in and signed a contract for the marines but when bootcamp came near I backed out because I thought I wasn't physically prepared (I conditioned with the recruiter didn't come close to the minimum requirement for crunches and the mile and a half run killed me I vomited each time) so now I can join the army but I have to gain weight but I have a high metabolism. I need to know what to do to gain weight? I do eat all the time. I have to speak to the recruiter again to show that I'm willing to continue but I don't know i must join because I don't quit

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know if this would help you to meet the criteria or not but I find that push ups and planks build the upper body like an unstoppable wall of muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. It gives me more confidence too! Drink an insure with every meal to bulk up.

• I know having a high metabolism can make it difficult sometimes to gain weight. Do you eat a lot of lean proteins, like white meat chicken breast baked in the oven? I used to make tons of that, with rice and broccoli when my brother needed to gain muscle. You want to eat about 30% of your calories from protein.

Salmon is a good protein, if you like fish. A good carb source would be quinoa, I made that and mixed it in with his rice. Sometimes I added a few slices of fresh avacod (eating the right fats will help you). Instead of using dairy milk, try coconut milk if you like coconut taste.

• Sorry I didn't mean to down vote you my finger accidentally hit it. But yeah I've been eating protein bars not recently but I ate it at one point of time and drink milk also I have protein shake but it's hard to gain weight : (

• Oh no worries.
      Protein bars and protein shakes should help a bit. It does take time, like you say you have a high metabolism. My brother is 6'2" and was a string bean really. It took him around a year to bulk up. He went to the gym or the local park (it has those exercise equipment obstacles, like chin up bars and stuff) twice a day. Plus all the eating... he had to eat like every 2 1/2 hours and drank a ton of water.

What Guys Said 0