Why do people block?

This is mostly a venting thing but I hate how someone just accuses you of something, refuses anything you have to say, and then blocks you from replying back.

Anyone else has this experience or is it just me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had something similar happen to me. It was a misunderstanding over something I posted.; She got upset, said some hurtful things, and blocked me without a chance to explain. But I still liker her and respect her, and wish her the best. She is the only one that does not get me mad at her at all by doing that. Sorry that it happened, but not mad.

• I can understand that. Usually it doesn't bother me as much as it did now but I guess I'm letting my emotions get the best of me today so I felt it was a bit over the top.

• That's understandable lol. Anyway, thank you for your kindness!

• I try to be kind to all people on here who respect me and other people on here. Obviously, you are one of them. Thank you for that.

Most Helpful Girl

• lol sure, happens all the time, and then u have people who block u for no reason. i had a user i used to talk to do it out of nowhere, but he's really sensitive anyways. any time id joke around he's get all upset -.-
    i don't mind though, i blocked him back =]

What Guys Said 16

• What pisses me off the most about it is its usually anonymous that does it. I don't think anonymous should be able to do anything but ask and answer. That's it not even be able to up or down vote

• I feel like voting is okay. But blocking, especially on anon, I can understand. I also understand that people feel extra invincible when on anon, but that doesn't entitle you to be a jerk. Which is pretty much what happens a bit of the time.

• No it's not just you here.

• I can't stand people lkike that. Pathetic in my opinion. That's why I made a whole list of them on my profile.

• I don't think I've be "Blocked", I didn't even now that was an option? Does it block you from replying to the thread or just to them/their posts?

I did have one of my responses "Deleted". I was aggravated by a poster's immature/bulling replies and let her have it. I can't stand bullies, especially if the question is a sincere inquiry about their feelings/insecurities. Being a jerk is totally uncalled for in those threads, I don't car if it was meant to be "Sarcastic".

• They can block you from replying yes, or you can be just blocked altogether.

• Got it, Thanks for the clarification. That kind of sucks, I love to follow/annoy... Some people here, who only to make stupid/annoying comments and think there funny.

• I can understand that, and you're welcome! :)

• I thnk they do it because they are losing an argument and you are being truthful so what does a person who knows they are wrong but can't admit do, try to silence you hence block you

• It's so enraging when people do this. They are usually the type of people who can't defend themselves in an argument.

• That's how people win arguments on the internet. Internet arguments amount to shit, because the people you argue with most likely wouldn't engage you IRL since there's no block feature or anonymity to save face.

• I guess it's because they want to smite you while at the same time not get smited back.

• When they can't win a discussion, they reply with a stupid ad hominem accusation and then block you so you can't reply. It's fucking pathetic.

• I've had it happen to me before. Its frustrating

• I have but not here

• Because they are cowards

• Ask @mishiii

• I troll sometimes it happens

• immaturity

• Safe spaces.

What Girls Said 12

• If they block for that reason, then they're simply pussies. They basically lost the argument.

• They are just mad!

• Girls usually because someone is stalking them or said something inappropriate.

Guys because they don't like someone? Lol

Stupid people.. Because you don't agree with them.

• People experience it all the time. Other users don't feel like arguing or whatever, so they block the other person. It's not always right, but it happens.

• Happens to me all the time

• I really hate it. And I've seen you around, you seem knowledgable.

• Thanks! What pisses me off the most is when I typed up a big response to them, click send, and find out they've blocked me.

• I've had that happen too. It's fun, isn't it? -_-

• yup. i've been blocked by a few female 18-24s that way. i hate that this website is set up in a way for the answerer to not be able to block the QA. they should just get rid of the anon feature altogether.

• I like the anon feature for if I need to vent (such as this) or if I'm writing personal things that I wouldn't so much want the people to know me here connect to me. But otherwise I can understand where you're coming from.

• the admins can see who you are lol. it isn't truly anonymous at all.

• True lol

• i know that feeling... I've been through that before... all i did was to block them back

• I block all the time because I refuse to argue with people who have no scientific background yet site suppose it scientific evidence. Or people who argue out of stupidity like penis size.

• I've only been blocked once and the guy asked a question and blocked everyone who said the opposite of what he was expecting/wanting to hear

• pussies or they're being harassed online

• Could be. The thing is though I wasn't harassing them. They were being rude and I was trying to help with their question but they just decided to accuse me of something and block me. Like what?

• then it's cuz their pussies

• because they are losers.. so many people have blocked me :/

• Blocking is way too common.