Guys am I doing well with my career?

I am 29 and earning over $12,000 a month including bonuses but i feel poor. Would you date a woman like me?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're making a good amount of money, but clearly you've never taken the time to decide for yourself what success is and what it should look like. And clearly you also have a dysfunctional relationship with money ("I feel poor").

So despite your good results... No, you are NOT doing well with your career.

Fortunately for you, the vast majority of guys don't give a fuck about a woman's career. When it comes to dating, that sort of status Bullshit is largely a female preoccupation. That said, men are beginning to care a bit more about it.

But why I personally wouldn't date you is for this reason: you don't know what you want out of life. At your age, that's deadly.

If we were to settle down, you'd get restless and things would unwind (sticking me with court fees...). Kids would be disrupted (either having them at all or having them and making them deal with divorced parents). Etc.

So because I don't believe I could plan a life around you -- and frankly, because younger women are available to me (we're the same age) -- dating you would be more of a gamble than I want to deal with.

Most Helpful Girl

• So you make $90 $100K after Taxes, and you're feeling poor? What exactly is your income to debt load? Sounds pretty high if you are feeling the pain in the wallet.

What would you be able to save if you paid off your debt? My parents have been part of the zero debt movement for years, they buy everything on a cash and carry basis, houses, cars, appliances, furniture... My husband and I are trying to get our finances aligned to do the same thing. There's a whole lot more money to go around when you're not paying financing!

A good guy isn't going to care less about your income level, if you're the right girl for him. If I were still dating I would only invest myself in quality men of proven character, otherwise you're looking at gold diggers.

What Guys Said 20

• Short term for sex a lot of guys would. Long term for a relationships that is unlikely. You clearly couldn't be satisfied with the lifestyle most guys will be able to give you, therefore most guys would notice this red flag and move on to a girl that would be able to appreciate them. Only a guy making even more than you could possibly match the extremely high standards that you must have, and then the guy would feel like you like his money and not him.

It sounds like you have some really unhealthy views about money, and how to obtain happiness. You are already what most people consider rich, and still unhappy. That isn't a good sign. If you don't want to feel poor do to the people you are hanging out with, then start hanging out people that aren't always trying to show off.

• Kinda seems like bragging and making people who makes less than you feel bad about how much they make huh? As long as you're doing something with the "$12,000" money that you make a month as a "management consultant", like you know invest, buy and sell and shit, then you're doing alright, and doing something productive with the money. If not, then that's just stupid. With all of that money, you can easily buy a condo or a house, via approval from the bank, depending where you live, except maybe for Vancouver, BC since a normal, regular size house cost about 1.4 mil and a regular condo, cost about $300,000 CAD or so. I own two condos in Vancouver, BC near the club named Celebrities and I make significantly less than you (about $7,000 CAD a month). The point is, those condos are being rented about $1,700 a month since the rent is about $1,400-$2,000 there, is paying for the mortgage and property tax itself. So in other words, the renter for both condo, is paying for my properties and I don't have to pay a cent. Brilliant yes?

• Most guys would persue you like a pining pup.. Money is great but if your personality didn't mesh with mine then all the money you could make wouldn't change the fact I wouldn't be interested. I work and make an ok wage so I wouldn't need or want yours

• Damn--what profession are you in?

• I wouldn't have any problem dating a woman like you. But I make maybe $2,400/month. Would you date a man like me? I think that's the real question.

Men don't give a shit about the money their partner makes. Women do. Men who won't go for women making so much money know this, and that's why they save themselves the time. It's not really about us, it's about you.

You're at the top. It's pretty hard to "date up" when you're already at the top.

• I'm sorry, but WTF?

In what nation is 144k yearly salary poor?

In the USA, I do believe that puts you in top 5% of earners.

• Yes, but you need to consider that's including my bonus which is not always as nice. If you take away my debt and expenses I am empty.

• Eh, I forgot that I spent another 10,000 on jewellery this year so far. I don't know it just makes me happy having all of those things.

• Actually, this spending obsession, I can relate to. I feel like I have to buy some toy every week to stay cheerful.

Buuuut now I am 6k in debt. Not good.

It's an urge you, and I, must conquer if we want to have free cash. Learn to be happy with what you have.

Put some things away, like in storage, then rotate what you keep with you. It'll help you feel like you got new stuff.

• given the information I have about you now, no I would not. Had you withheld how much you earned, and were a funny/charming girl who could hold her own in a conversation and dish out banter, then yes.

• What's wrong with my earning?

• It isn't necessarily your earning itself, but its the fact that it was the crux of your question and as a result it comes over that you put a lot of importance in money. I'm personally not really into that.

• Lmao.. What do you do?

• no i wouldn't. too old and too high living standards.

• I am the same age as you, how am i too old?

• like you said your the same age as me.

• That's super good earnings whats your profession?

• Shit you make buckets of money. I don't just date a girl cause she is making big bucks

• um, thats a really good salary. Definitely not poor

• Would you date me?

• I don't date people just based on what they make. There would have to be other factors I found attractive

• You shouldn't feel poor. I wouldn't date you because you're too old for me.

• That's pretty good money to bring home so how does that make you feel poor?

• Because my standards are high and my friends earn more than me.

• We were all competing in the same professions, but i FAILED and they made it.

• So what if you failed to them just feel good that you're doing good

• I think that's pretty cool... sure I'll date you if you'll pay for my bills LOL

• I find it hard to believe you're 29, since it says you're 18-24

• If you feel poor on that income, you'll never be satisfied. red flag!

• I would, as long as I could keep my job too

• It depends where you live but that wage would be very good just about anywhere.

• No because you sound way too money hungry and high maintenance...

• I am. I need more money.

• Then i will be happy.

• How will that make you happy

What Girls Said 10

• Thats good considering the average income for a US family. I mean seriously. It's usually aroung 30k. So make the cash flow.

• WHAT? ONLY 30K? damn i didn't know i was doing that well,

• average family makes only about 50k. So yeah. You'll be just fine.

• yeah you're in the top 1% of all earners.

• Yeah I would date u!

• This is a new kind of attention whore XD

Sorry not sorry lol

That's a good amount of money dude

• Are you kidding me? You're like bathing in money...

• And no I wouldn't. If you feel poor with that much money that's kinda disgusting. You are probably too high maintenance for me.

• You're referring to her I'm assuming @BenMarZ

• Hahaha yeah.

• Why do you feel poor? You're making quite a significant amount more than me. And I am on my own with two kids, making it work. My paychecks pay the bills and allow me to occasionally do somethin fun with my babes. And that's important to me.
    Financially you should feel secure, but it sounds like your quality of life isn't very fulfilling. Maybe you need to focus on things you enjoy doing outside of work.

• That's what a surgeon is paid... I think you're more bragging than really asking a question

• that's good money. why would it make you feel poor?

• Looking at those celebrities lol

• it's not everything about money

• lol. if you're in the States your salary puts you in the top 10% of earners
      but if you want more, then earn more or find ways of stretching your dollar further

• you make 3000 a week? that's a lot (to me)

• it sounds like your doing well in your career and $12,000 dollars is I think a good salary

• What is it that you do? Please get me connected! I'm poor...